Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My device files change!!!!
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat My device files change!!!! Post 302079853 by sprellari on Thursday 13th of July 2006 08:57:37 AM
Old 07-13-2006
Use labels in stead of devices on /etc/fstab.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

%device line change

Hello and thank you in advance for any assistance. Working with SCO 5.0.5 our SCSI tape device is no longer working. Before we replace the unit I want to verify it's not related to a change someone may have made via mkdev tape. For years the boot message would list the tape device as this:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sighbrrguy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC and Device NO to Change

I am a beginer in unix . I would like to know what is the command in orser to change NIC and Device NO (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ilias Kappatos
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change tape device name.

I disconected external device which was configured as rmt0. When I connect it again and run cfgmgr device name has changed (internal drive which was rmt1 is now rmt0 and external drive was rmt0 and is rmt1) and I dont know how to back it out. The thing is that for all backups I use new modell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraydey
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Files names and location

HI there. I am studying System administration right now and am stuck on a question that I have failed to find the answer for in my book. The question is: Do device files need to be in the /dev directory and to they need to follow a naming convention? My answer (so far) is that since the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
7 Replies

5. AIX

change the primary dump device of a vio server

Hi how to change the primary dump device in a vio server ? $ ioslevel 2.2.0.11-FP-24 SP-01 $ oem_setup_env # sysdumpdev -l primary /dev/sysdumpnull secondary /dev/hd6 copy directory /var/adm/ras forced copy flag TRUE always allow dump TRUE dump... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

6. Programming

Does PID change from device to other!!!!

we asked to create a sender and receiver for a signals. sender knows his receiver by it's(receiver) PID .... my question is if i go to other computer and run my program will the pid chages than the first pid i got from old computer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Auditing device files

I am trying to see what commands are typed in my terminal and serial port. For that I am using auditd daemon which helps me in auditing files. I thought of a creating audit rules on /dev/tty and /dev/ttyAMA0 for seeing whats happening on terminal and serial device respectively. auditctl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavithra04
0 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Change Name of Bluetooth Device from Command Line in macOS

Mac Version 10.15.2 (macOS Catalina) Does anyone know how to change the name of a connected bluetooth device from the command line on macOS? I am having trouble with various bluetooth devices which I cannot get the "rename" option in the GUI to "save" properly and so I cannot rename a few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
GETFSENT(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       GETFSENT(3)

NAME
getfsent, getfsspec, getfsfile, getfstype, setfsent, endfsent - get file system descriptor file entry SYNOPSIS
#include <fstab.h> struct fstab *getfsent() struct fstab *getfsspec(spec) char *spec; struct fstab *getfsfile(file) char *file; struct fstab *getfstype(type) char *type; int setfsent() int endfsent() DESCRIPTION
Getfsent, getfsspec, getfstype, and getfsfile each return a pointer to an object with the following structure containing the broken-out fields of a line in the file system description file, <fstab.h>. struct fstab { char *fs_spec; char *fs_file; char *fs_type; int fs_freq; int fs_passno; }; The fields have meanings described in fstab(5). Getfsent reads the next line of the file, opening the file if necessary. Setfsent opens and rewinds the file. Endfsent closes the file. Getfsspec and getfsfile sequentially search from the beginning of the file until a matching special file name or file system file name is found, or until EOF is encountered. Getfstype does likewise, matching on the file system type field. FILES
/etc/fstab SEE ALSO
fstab(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Null pointer (0) returned on EOF or error. BUGS
All information is contained in a static area so it must be copied if it is to be saved. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 12, 1986 GETFSENT(3)