Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL Error Message
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL Error Message Post 302079666 by Dhruva on Wednesday 12th of July 2006 07:27:50 AM
Old 07-12-2006
v_message=`echo "$Z" | grep "ORA-"`
echo $v_message

Variable Z contains the ouput of sqlplus session.from that output we are searching for "ORA-" string,Which is prefix to oracle error.The lines found with ORA- String are kept in another variable v_message.Second line is printing that oracle error message.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

Hi everyone, Can anyone explain what the following error refers to...and perhaps a solution? vxfs: vx_nospace -/tmp file system full (8 block extent) Thanks, Uni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

I'm getting an error - symbol referencing errors. No output written to, etc Can anybody tell me why this is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

3. Solaris

lp error message

Both of these messages are filling up the /var/adm/messages files on these two Sun boxes, goober and gomer. The print server is called gold. Jul 31 03:15:40 gold bsd-gw: request to ma28084.Solaris (unknown printer) from goober Jul 31 03:16:39 gold bsd-gw: request to ma28084.Solaris (unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antalexi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting last error message

Question for unix programmers - what function I need to used to get the exact error message when the library failed to load? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tttttt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I keep getting an error message in a script im writing, this line is allways pointed out. if and this is the message i keep getting. line 32: [: 8: unary operator expected Whats wrong with it? Please Help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
5 Replies

7. Linux

error message

Hello I got this message error on my box with linux red hat 2887a374 WsServer E WSVR0009E: Error occurred during startup Do you know what does that mean ! Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does this error message mean?

I was reviewing logs and I got this error message in /var/log/messages: Did not receive identification string from (IP ADDRESS) What does it mean? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get rid off Password expiry error message when connecting to sql in script?

I am connecting to sql databases through shell script. Databases that i am connecting will need password change every 60 days. This is according to our security policy and cannot be changed. But this is creating problem when connecting to Databases through shell script . To connect to oracle DB we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
2 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
Connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. BuildDSN Customized version of "BuildDSN" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle method. Takes additional argument SID. Database argument used unless SID provided. Two forms of DSN are generated depending on whether Host defined or not: dbi:Oracle:sid=<SID>;host=...[;port=...] dbi:Oracle:<SID> Read details in documentation for DBD::Oracle module. Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. InsertFromSelect Customization of "InsertFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Unlike other DBs Oracle needs: o id generated from sequences for every new record. o query wrapping in parens. NOTE that on Oracle there is a limitation on the query. Every column in the result should have unique name or alias, for example the following query would generate "ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" error: SELECT g.id, u.id FROM ... Solve with aliases: SELECT g.id AS group_id, u.id AS user_id FROM ... KnowsBLOBs Returns 1 if the current database supports inserts of BLOBs automatically. Returns undef if the current database must be informed of BLOBs for inserts. BLOBParams FIELD_NAME FIELD_TYPE Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). ApplyLimits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; DistinctQuery STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. BinarySafeBLOBs Return undef, as Oracle doesn't support binary-safe CLOBS DatabaseVersion Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBI. SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT tzname FROM v$timezone_names; Read Oracle's docs about timezone files: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10749/ch4datetime.htm#i1006667 AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBIx::SearchBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)