Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Debugging Pro C Programs
Top Forums Programming Debugging Pro C Programs Post 302079658 by Raom on Wednesday 12th of July 2006 06:22:43 AM
Old 07-12-2006
i think ur pro*c code has to be precompiled to C/C++ before making executable.

then you can use dbx as usual.
for tracing variables in dbx u should say
trace varname
for breakpoints say
stop at linenumber.
simple.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Debugging

Hi, If we want to debug a shell script, then set -vx has to be included in the begining of the script. Just i want to know what purpose -vx is used. Thanks in advace Sarwan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to compile pro*c, C programs

Hi, How to precompile the c program which has proc statements within it. If it is only c, I will use the following cmd cc filename.c -o output so please tell me what command I have to use for precompilation. I beleave that this is not an oracle or proc forum, but still I hope will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

4. Solaris

debugging

when I tried to debug my application i got the following. gdb -v GNU gdb 6.6 file is in C and Xmotiff Languages (gdb) attach 25499 Attaching to process 25499 Retry #1: Retry #2: Retry #3: Retry #4: 0xfea40b68 in ?? () (gdb) where #0 0xfea40b68 in ?? () (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
0 Replies

5. Programming

Need some help in debugging the C-Progam.

Hi i want to debug the C program with GDB debugger. I want to debug the program by line by line. I want to debug program like as we debug the program in Turbo-C using the F8. Can any one help me? I know i have to use single stepping. But i don't know how to use it. Any help can be appreciated..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ps_sach
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blcr debugging

hey, can any one please tell me how can i debug blcr?? actually i have checkpointd a client using blcr and i want to check out what actually happens when we checkpoint any program. so i want to see what happen when we type $cr_checkpoint pid i mean i want to debug when i enter this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratibha
0 Replies

8. Programming

c++ debugging

hey i have a problem with a switch case in program and the debugger is messy has hell ( we use normal VI and gdb in our schoool to make it more diffiacult) any way i have a problom where for some unknown reason the debugger just skips a switch statment as if it wasent even there the rest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotenxds
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
TRACE-CMD(1)															      TRACE-CMD(1)

NAME
trace-cmd - interacts with Ftrace Linux kernel internal tracer SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd COMMAND [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) command interacts with the Ftrace tracer that is built inside the Linux kernel. It interfaces with the Ftrace specific files found in the debugfs file system under the tracing directory. A COMMAND must be specified to tell trace-cmd what to do. COMMANDS
record - record a live trace and write a trace.dat file to the local disk or to the network. report - reads a trace.dat file and converts the binary data to a ASCII text readable format. hist - show a histogram of the events. options - list the plugin options that are available to *report* start - start the tracing without recording to a trace.dat file. stop - stop tracing (only disables recording, overhead of tracer is still in effect) extract - extract the data from the kernel buffer and create a trace.dat file. reset - disables all tracing and gives back the system performance. (clears all data from the kernel buffers) split - splits a trace.dat file into smaller files. list - list the available plugins or events that can be recorded. listen - open up a port to listen for remote tracing connections. restore - restore the data files of a crashed run of trace-cmd record stack - run and display the stack tracer check-events - parse format strings for all trace events and return whether all formats are parseable OPTIONS
-h, --help Display the help text. Other options see the man page for the corresponding command. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-hist(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-restore(1), trace-cmd-stack(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1), trace-cmd.dat(5), trace-cmd-check-events(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD(1)