Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Large Text Files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Large Text Files Post 302079506 by Hitori on Tuesday 11th of July 2006 02:17:05 AM
Old 07-11-2006
Replace commands like

s/"Report Type"<TAB>"This Report"//g

with

/"Report Type"<TAB>"This Report"/ d

Then you'll remove entire line (with '\n')

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

fopen() + reading in large text files

For reading in large text files (say files over 1kB in size) are there any issues with fopen() that I should be aware of ? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract 7 characters immediately after text '19' from a large file.

Hi All!! I have a large file containing millions of record. My purpose is to extract 7 characters immediately after text '19' from this file (including text '19') and save the result in new file. So, my OUTPUT would be as under : 191234561 194567894 192789005 198839408 and so on..... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk script to remove text / or perform calculations from large CSV files

I have a large CSV files (e.g. 2 million records) and am hoping to do one of two things. I have been trying to use awk and sed but am a newbie and can't figure out how to get it to work. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated - I'm stuck trying to remove the colon and wildcards in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metronomadic
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with splitting a large text file into smaller ones

Hi Everyone, I am using a centos 5.2 server as an sflow log collector on my network. Currently I am using inmons free sflowtool to collect the packets sent by my switches. I have a bash script running on an infinate loop to stop and start the log collection at set intervals - currently one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lord_butler
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract unique pattern from large text file

Hi All, I am trying to extract data from a large text file , I want to extract lines which contains a five digit number followed by a hyphen , like 12345- , i tried with egrep ,eg : egrep "+" text.txt but which returns all the lines which contains any number of digits followed by hyhen ,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: shijujoe
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help combining large number of text files

Hi, i have more than 1000 data files(.txt) like this first file format: 178.83 554.545 179.21 80.392 second file: 178.83 990.909 179.21 90.196 etc. I want to combine them to the following format: 178.83,554.545,990.909,... 179.21,80.392,90.196,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_monocyte
7 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a large text file into paragraphs

Hello all, newbie here. I've searched the forum and found many "how to split a text file" topics but none that are what I'm looking for. I have a large text file (~15 MB) in size. It contains a variable number of "paragraphs" (for lack of a better word) that are each of variable length. A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
3 Replies

9. Programming

Fast string removal from large text collection

Hi All, I don't want any codes for this problem. Just suggestions: I have a huge collection of text files (around 300,000) which look like this: 1.fil orange apple dskjdsk computer skjks The entire text collection (referenced above) has about 1 billion words. I have created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies
df_hfs(1M)																df_hfs(1M)

NAME
df_hfs: df - report number of free CDFS, HFS, or NFS file system disk blocks SYNOPSIS
FStype] specific_options] [special|directory]... DESCRIPTION
The command displays the number of free 512-byte blocks and free inodes available for file systems by examining the counts kept in the superblock or superblocks. If a special or a directory is not specified, the free space on all mounted file systems is displayed. If the arguments to are path names, reports on the file systems containing the named files. If the argument to is a special of an unmounted file system, the free space in the unmounted file system is displayed. Options recognizes the following options: Report only the number of kilobytes (KB) free. Report the total number of blocks allocated for swapping to the file system as well as the number of blocks free for swapping to the file system. This option is supported on HFS file systems only. Report the number of files free. Report only the actual count of the blocks in the free list (free inodes are not reported). When this option is specified, reports on raw devices. Report only on the FStype file system type (see fstyp(1M)). For the purposes of this manual entry, FStype can be one of and for the CDFS, HFS, and NFS file systems, respectively. Report the entire structure described in statvfs(2). Report the total number of inodes, the number of free inodes, number of used inodes, and the percentage of inodes in use. Report the allocation in kilobytes (KB). Report on local file systems only. Report the file system name. If used with no other options, display a list of mounted file system types. Specify options specific to the HFS file system type. specific_options is a comma-separated list of suboptions. The available suboption is: Report the number of used and free inodes. Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks. Report the percentage of blocks used, the number of blocks used, and the number of blocks free. This option cannot be used with other options. Echo the completed command line, but perform no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. When is used on an HFS file system, the file space reported is the space available to the ordinary user, and does not include the reserved file space specified by Unreported reserved blocks are available only to users who have appropriate privileges. See tunefs(1M) for information about When is used on NFS file systems, the number of inodes is displayed as -1 . This is due to superuser access restrictions over NFS. EXAMPLES
Report the number of free disk blocks for all mounted file systems: Report the number of free disk blocks for all mounted HFS file systems: Report the number of free files for all mounted NFS file systems: Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks, for all mounted file systems: Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks, for the file system mounted as /usr: WARNINGS
does not account for: o Disk space reserved for swap space, o Space used for the HFS boot block (8K bytes, 1 per file system), o HFS superblocks (8K bytes each, 1 per disk cylinder), o HFS cylinder group blocks (1K-8K bytes each, 1 per cylinder group), o Inodes (currently 128 bytes reserved for each inode). Non-HFS file systems may have other items that this command does not account for. The option, from prior releases, has been replaced by the option. FILES
File system devices. Static information about the file systems Mounted file system table SEE ALSO
du(1), df(1M), fsck(1M), fstab(4), fstyp(1M), statvfs(2), mnttab(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
df_hfs(1M)