Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Reading special characters while converting sequential file to line sequential Post 302079455 by Hitori on Monday 10th of July 2006 02:38:27 PM
Old 07-10-2006
To avoid special characters use base64 encoding (see RFC822), which is merely used in email messages to encode attachments
Check uuencode, uudecode commands

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential comparison (one row with file and so on)

Dear linux experts, I'd like to ask for your support, I've read some posts in this forum about files comparison but haven't found what I'm looking for. I need to create a sequential script to compare row-by-row one file with 34 similar files but without success so far. This is what I get: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append specific lines to a previous line based on sequential search criteria

I'll try explain this as best I can. Let me know if it is not clear. I have large text files that contain data as such: 143593502 09-08-20 09:02:13 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 09-08-20 09:02:11 N line 1 test line 2 test line 3 test 143593503 09-08-20 09:02:13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesse
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Status 92 reading a sequential file

Hi. I have a process that execute a Microfocus Cobol. This process read a large sequential file and update or insert in a table Oracle. This process run smoothly in some ocasions but in a file whor have more than 400,000 registers, the cobol program doesn't finish read all the records,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hornam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sequential to line sequential

Hi I have a file sequential way i.e. written in contineous mode and the Record Seperator is AM from which the record is seperated .Now to process I have to make line sequential,and more over record length is not same it varies as per the input address, AM1234563 John Murray 24 Old streeet old... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
5 Replies

5. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

6. Hardware

checking non sequential reading/writing of hard drive

what command check that? Does it depend in the time it take to access the file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add markup tag and sequential number after specific line

Hello, This one has me a bit stumped. I have data the looks like, M END > <PREDICTION_ACCURACY> PROBABLE > <NO_OF_PARENTS> 3 > <CLOGP> -13.373 > <SMILES> OCC(O)C(OC1OC(CO)C(OC2OC(CO)C > <MIMW> 1006.322419888 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting new line if two sequential lines begin with the same string

Hi I have a file like this: Peter North Mary Peter North Peter Borough Mary I need there to put 'X' (or anything) on a new line between the two lines where 'Peter' begins the line. There will be many matches to this string, but they will always begin with 'Peter'. Ie, the resulting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormajormajor
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential Reading from two file in a loop

Hello All, I have two files with me file1.txt and file2.txt file1.txt has: 333 222 111 file2.txt has ccc bbb aaa ccc is related to 333 only, bbb is related to 222 only and aaa is related to 111 only. I have to get the values from each of the file and pass them in the URL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk use sequential line numbering in output

The awk below produces an output with the original header and only the matching lines (which is good), but the output where the original line numbering in the match found on is used. I can not figure out how to sequentially number the output instead of using the original. I did try to add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
scsi_setup_cdb(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_setup_cdb(9F)

NAME
scsi_setup_cdb - setup SCSI command descriptor block (CDB) SYNOPSIS
int scsi_setup_cdb(union scsi_cdb *cdbp, uchar_t cmd, uint_t addr, uint_t cnt, uint_t othr_cdb_data); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cdbp Pointer to command descriptor block. cmd The first byte of the SCSI group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 CDB. addr Pointer to the location of the data. cnt Data transfer length in units defined by the SCSI device type. For sequential devices cnt is the number of bytes. For block devices, cnt is the number of blocks. othr_cdb_data Additional CDB data. DESCRIPTION
scsi_setup_cdb() function initializes a group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 type of command descriptor block pointed to by cdbp using cmd, addr, cnt, othr_cdb_data. addr should be set to 0 for commands having no addressing information (for example, group 0 READ command for sequential access devices). othr_cdb_data should be additional CDB data for Group 4 commands; otherwise, it should be set to 0. scsi_setup_cdb() function does not set the LUN bits in CDB[1] as the makecom(9F) functions do. Also, the fixed bit for sequential access device commands is not set. RETURN VALUES
scsi_setup_cdb() returns: 1 Upon success. 0 Upon failure. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from a user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
makecom(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers American National Standard Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) American National Standard SCSI-3 Primary Commands (SPC) SunOS 5.10 23 Jun 1997 scsi_setup_cdb(9F)