Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Telnet Server FTP warning messages 500 'AUTH GSSAPI' how to resolve?? Post 302079401 by csviking on Monday 10th of July 2006 06:04:21 AM
Old 07-10-2006
Question Telnet Server FTP warning messages 500 'AUTH GSSAPI' how to resolve??

These are the warning messages I am getting but the FTP works fine.How do I get rid of these?

220 FTP server (SunOS 5.8) ready.

500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not understood.
500 'AUTH KERBEROS_V4': command not understood.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

I've been tearing my hair out over this: vsftp does not work on any of my RedHat Server 5.x systems - I keep getting a variation on 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp or 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody (different errors on different systems). I spent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
2 Replies

2. Linux

resolve one IP on DNS server

Hi! I have a dns server (bind) with 2 zones forward and reverse and i need to resolve one ip completely different. I have add to /etc/hosts and i can ping but i can't do nslookup. I've tried to add the dns server responsible to resolve that ip on /etc/resolv.conf without success. So how can i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BufferExploder
2 Replies

3. Linux

500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

I've been fighting this for about a year: vsftp does not work on any of my RedHat Server 5.x systems - I keep getting a variation on 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp or 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody (different errors on different systems). I spent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP thru Unix doesn't auth usrname & pswd, but Windows app does - why?!

Strange one this... One of our contacts switched FTP servers, a different IP and now using port 2121 instead of 21. Changed the details in a Windows application using the username & password provided and it works no problem. Tried to FTP through Unix and although I can connect to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macca74
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

500 internal server error

Hi, I need a quick help from GURUs of PERL. I moved a website to a new location and got an error "Internal Server Error" instead of specific error. As i don't know PERL so i don't know how to fix it. Can anybody help me to fix this error or to generate a specific error which i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahzad79
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

GSSAPI Error FTP

Hi Experts, While trying ftp from newly setup Linux box it is giving following error. GSSAPI error major:Unspecified GSS failure.Minor code may provide more information GSSAPI error minor:Unknown code krb5 195 GSSAPI error:initializing context GSSAPI authntication failed 504 AUTH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

7. Slackware

Dovecot on Slackware14: gssapi auth

I have a postfix/dovecot mail server. On centos6 works great,sso with gssapi on linux and windows clients. On Slackware i have problems,Linux clients(thunderbird and mutt) connect ok,but not windows clients. on logfile only this Apr 19 19:01:41 cluster1 dovecot: auth: Debug: auth client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client?

We have two HP-UX machines, both are B.11.31. When I FTP from the HP-UX boxes to a remote IBM server,- HP-UX 1: Connected to xxxx. 220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at R2, 12:24:39 on 2013-08-30. 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 15 minutes. Name (xxxx:user): HP-UX 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CaptNemo
2 Replies

9. Linux

My server can't resolve domains?

I am on a VPS that is pretty much unmanaged so it means im on my own. I did my best to configure it so i can host my own site for other people to see it online but seems like i have network problems because in the last days many of my users report they cant enter my site from my domain and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercain
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)