Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CP to copy file is "stuck"
Operating Systems AIX CP to copy file is "stuck" Post 302079376 by mcubitt on Monday 10th of July 2006 05:20:50 AM
Old 07-10-2006
I think this is the problem:

/dev/redo1_lv -- /redolog1 jfs2 32768000 rw yes
no
/dev/redo2_lv -- /redolog2 jfs2 32768000 rw yes
no
/dev/archive_lv -- /archivelogs jfs 65536000 rw yes
no
/dev/oradata_lv -- /oracledata jfs2 405536768 cio,rw yes
no
/dev/oraindex_lv -- /oracleindex jfs2 305659904 rw ye
s no
/dev/ifsdoc_lv -- /ifsdoc jfs 403701760 rw yes
no

The CIO is known to cause performance issues when copying at OS level.

We are not sure how it got set on, but how can we turn it off!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

boot process stuck on "Welcome to AIX" banner

Good afternoon, I'm currently working on an IBM 9110-510, with an AIX 6.1 on it. Currently, I've put an HyperTerminal on the machine vty0. Folowing the procedure given by a support guy(§details), I'm able to get to the AIX banner ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilleb
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Printer Entries stuck "finished printing"

On Solaris 8, when I do a lpstat -o: I have tried cancel 140828p-16974, but the entries remain New prints to this printer and others work successfully. Can anyone suggest how to get rid of these entries. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmm
2 Replies

3. AIX

"fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX" Fails and stuck on AIX 6100-05-01-1016

Hi I was wondering if anybody has come across in a failure of fuser command. We have a backup script that is: fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX sync;sync umount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ backup -0 -f /dev/rmt0.1 -u /dev/XXXXXXXlv mount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ sync;sync The script is called from crontab via an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggovotsis
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"

Server is stuck at "Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"" after i hard reset the server I have IPMI access, please help me diagnose the cause if you can :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 5.10 "Move Pointer" stuck

Hey there, I joined this forum just now cause I need help with an old SUN machine at work. I work on a helpdesk and we use a SOLARIS 5.10 OS. Every once in a while we will try to move one of our windows out of the way to make room on the desktop, and sometimes the mouse doesn't release what we... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRex_2005
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Aix(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Sys::Filesystem::Aix(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Aix - Return AIX filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Aix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version () Return the version of the (sub)module. ATTRIBUTES
The following is a list of filesystem properties which may be queried as methods through the parent Sys::Filesystem object. account Used by the dodisk command to determine the filesystems to be processed by the accounting system. boot Used by the mkfs command to initialize the boot block of a new filesystem. check Used by the fsck command to determine the default filesystems to be checked. dev Identifies, for local mounts, either the block special file where the filesystem resides or the file or directory to be mounted. free This value can be either true or false. (Obsolete and ignored). mount Used by the mount command to determine whether this file system should be mounted by default. nodename Used by the mount command to determine which node contains the remote filesystem. size Used by the mkfs command for reference and to build the file system. type Used to group related mounts. vfs Specifies the type of mount. For example, vfs=nfs specifies the virtual filesystem being mounted is an NFS filesystem. vol Used by the mkfs command when initializing the label on a new filesystem. The value is a volume or pack label using a maximum of 6 characters. log The LVName must be the full path name of the filesystem logging logical volume name to which log data is written as this file system is modified. This is only valid for journaled filesystems. SEE ALSO
Sys::Filesystem Example /etc/filesystems * @(#)filesystems @(#)29 1.22 src/bos/etc/filesystems/filesystems, cmdfs, bos530 9/8/00 13:57:45 * IBM_PROLOG_BEGIN_TAG * This is an automatically generated prolog. * * <snip> * * This version of /etc/filesystems assumes that only the root file system * is created and ready. As new file systems are added, change the check, * mount, free, log, vol and vfs entries for the appropriate stanza. /: dev = /dev/hd4 vol = "root" mount = automatic check = false free = true vfs = jfs2 log = /dev/hd8 type = bootfs /proc: dev = /proc vol = "/proc" mount = true check = false free = false vfs = procfs /scratch: dev = /dev/fslv02 vfs = jfs2 log = INLINE mount = true account = false Example /usr/sbin/mount output node mounted mounted over vfs date options -------- --------------- --------------- ------ ------------ --------------- /dev/hd4 / jfs2 Mar 24 12:14 rw,log=/dev/hd8 /proc /proc procfs Mar 24 12:15 rw /dev/fslv02 /scratch jfs2 Mar 24 12:15 rw,log=INLINE filesystems(4) Manpage includes all known options, describes the format and comment char's. VERSION
$Id: Aix.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Nicola Worthington <nicolaw@cpan.org> - <http://perlgirl.org.uk> Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Nicola Worthington. Copyright 2008-2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Aix(3pm)