Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix version?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix version? Post 302079325 by Hitori on Sunday 9th of July 2006 08:18:39 AM
Old 07-09-2006
It's very disputable question, but I think FreeBSD is a good choice

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find Unix Version

I am extremely new here. Someone wants to upgrade off of Unix to Windows 2000 and wants to know if they need to buy new hardware How do I find out what type of Unix they're using? How do I find out the current hardware of the system? (Intel, ..etc) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which unix version...

I pulled out my old 386 from the garage and dusted it off, and now i want to install unix on it. The 386 however only has a 104mb HD, and has NO cd rom support. Which if any version of unix would best suite this box? Is installing with floppies my only option? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nefarious
8 Replies

3. Where do I download LINUX & UNIX?

What version of Unix do you use most often?

Just curious... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PxT
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Version of old?!

Hullo Unix fans. Hoping one of you might be able to give me an indication here... 7 years ago, I was responsible for managing a windows 95 network with a unix server. Problem is I'll be buggered if I can recall what version of unix it was. Can anyone tell me what the standard version of the time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k-lye
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Version

Please post me a command, About how to find UNIX version on our machine. i have tried > WHICH Version it didn't worked though. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kzar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

upgrade unix version

I use HP UNIX 11 now , as I know , the latest version is 11iv2 , ( correct me if i am wrong ) , I hv read the feature of this version , it is 15% performance improved and more secure , if it is truth , I want to upgarde it by myself , but i am too familiar with the OS upgarde , could suggest the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine Unix Version

Is there a trick to determine the exact version from Unix that one is working with? I would have expected to see it after logon, but all I get are some Copyright-messages... I know it's some HP-UX, but I would like to know the version-number Tnx in advance! Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davegeysemans
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which version of UNIX I'm using?

Hello- I know it's UNIX-HP, but I don't know what version. Is there a command that tells me what version I'm running or a file that I need to open to get this information? Thanks, Nomaad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about UNIX? original version?

sorry for my English We'll report about Unix in my school, for Operating Systems subject... with Installation demo.... I'm wondering if System V, which is from original developers AT&T still exist and downloadable? because I cant find it anywhere... then i found out that Solaris, MacOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowchem
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)