Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nawk command not found
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nawk command not found Post 302079121 by 12yearold on Friday 7th of July 2006 03:28:01 AM
Old 07-07-2006
My bad... am using linux.. don't think it caters right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command clarification

Hi, I am using the following command. nawk '$1==p{$2=sprintf("%09d",$2+1)};1' p=$JOB_NUM q=$LEN $VALUE_TABLE > ./TEMP_TABLE As you can see the code above, I basically read a value from the table VALUE_TABLE and select a particular row based on searching the value JOB_NUM. Now Actually the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tux_Raju
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if within nawk command

I am trying to nawk through a file and if the 24.25.26 charachters in the file are "000" then print a line to a new file in one format, otherwise print a line in a different format. So far I have the following: nawk '/^1/ { if(substr($0,24,3) != 000)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using cp command inside nawk

Hello I have facing issue while using cp command inside nawk block. #!/bin/ksh my_name=$1 nawk -v my_name1=$my_name 'BEGIN { n = split(my_name1,names,":"); for (i=1;i<=n;i++) { print names; cpcmd = "cp " /tmp/test.txt" " ./sample system(cpcmd) } exit }' exit 0 i'am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piscean_n
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command

what is this nawk doing? This is for solaris 10 with trusted extensions. Level=$(plabel | nawk 'BEGIN {FS='\*"} {PRINT $2}' ) it is supposed to return UNCLASSIFIED or whatever the zone label is. I understant $() execute this stuff, FS is field separator, print the 2nd field. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djehres
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command in Linux

I have a nawk command I use in Solaris.... ps -e -o comm | nawk -F'ora_pmon_' 'NF>1 {print $2}' However it seems that this command will not work in Linux. Linux bluemarron 2.6.16.54-0.2.12-smp #1 SMP Fri Oct 24 02:16:38 UTC 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux How could I do the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

match 2 files using nawk command

i am matching two files. the files are in the format file_1.txt 1|_|X|_| 2|_|W|_| 3|_|Y|_| 4|_|Z|_| 5|_|U|_| file_2.txt W|_|A|_| Z|_|C|_| V|_|B|_| X|_|D|_|sdff|_| Y|_| file_3.txt should be in the format (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: centurion_13
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to use NAWK command

Hi, I am using NAWK command to scan a file (test.txt) and to create new files based on the length of lines in the file test.txt. My requirement is I need to create test_good with records having line lenght less than 4 and to create test_bad with records having line lenght more than 4. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Command Error for nawk command

Hi All We are migrating our projects from unix environment to linux. I tried running a install script which sets up my project, i.e. the directory structure and all. But in the middle of the script i started receiveing following error : nawk: command not found . So i need to know which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Explanation of Nawk command

Hi Folks, I am struggling to understand nawk command which was used by another developer. Can you please explain what each character or string is doing here below: if ; then (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirans.229
3 Replies
MKFS.MINIX(8)						       System Administration						     MKFS.MINIX(8)

NAME
mkfs.minix - make a Minix filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.minix [-c|-l filename] [-n namelength] [-i inodecount] [-v] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.minix creates a Linux MINIX filesystem on a device (usually a disk partition). The device is usually of the following form: /dev/hda[1-8] (IDE disk 1) /dev/hdb[1-8] (IDE disk 2) /dev/sda[1-8] (SCSI disk 1) /dev/sdb[1-8] (SCSI disk 2) The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. It is present only for backwards compatibility. If omit- ted the size will be determined automatically. Only block counts strictly greater than 10 and strictly less than 65536 are allowed. OPTIONS
-c Check the device for bad blocks before creating the filesystem. If any are found, the count is printed. -n namelength Specify the maximum length of filenames. Currently, the only allowable values are 14 and 30. The default is 30. Note that kernels older than 0.99p7 only accept namelength 14. -i inodecount Specify the number of inodes for the filesystem. -l filename Read the list of bad blocks from filename. The file has one bad-block number per line. The count of bad blocks read is printed. -1 Make a Minix version 1 filesystem. -2, -v Make a Minix version 2 filesystem. -3 Make a Minix version 3 filesystem. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.minix is one of the following: 0 No errors 8 Operational error 16 Usage or syntax error SEE ALSO
mkfs(8), fsck(8), reboot(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.minix command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2011 MKFS.MINIX(8)