Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Production Directory Structures Post 302079064 by jbrubaker on Thursday 6th of July 2006 04:28:57 PM
Old 07-06-2006
Production Directory Structures

We (our company) has just purchased a new IBM unix machine. We have been doing some research and have found that it is NOT a good idea to put your own in-house-written applications under the existing file folders such as /usr or /bin ect. Instead you should place these applications in directories created below the /HOME directory. Is this correct??

Are there suggestions as to where to put your in house developed applications??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pointer to structures

Dear friends I have a bit basic doubts in pointers and the structures inter relationships. the first one. static struct apvt { int dead; int pending; int abouttograb; }*agents=NULL; what agents pointer is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech_voip
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help:comparing two directory tree structures only

Hi I what, a script snippet for "comparing two directory tree structures only " not the contents of directories(like files..etc). Thanking you a lot. Regards Rajesh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_thota
7 Replies

3. Programming

Programming using Structures

Hi All, I was given a format of a file, and was asked to write a program which displays the data contained in the file in that purticular format. Its all so confusing. Please find the example of the format as well the code I have written in the attachment. I hope any one of u guyz can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
0 Replies

4. Linux

about system structures

hello can any1 plz tell me about the system defined structures (like sysinfo) which wil give system and n/w charecteristics (ex: freeram in sysinfo). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeenat
1 Replies

5. Programming

Dynamically allocated structures in C

I have a pointer to a structure containing an integer pointer: struct members { int id; int *neigh; }; The number of members N and its neighbors M change as the code runs, so I allocate the memory dynamically: members *grid = malloc(sizeof(members)*N); for(i=0;i<N;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brinch
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete duplicate files from one of two directory structures

Hello everyone, I have been struggling to clean up a back-up mess I created when manually duplicating a directory structure and then working in both of them.. The structures now are significantly different and contain in the order of 15 k files of which most are duplicates. Now I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: procreator
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structures

Here is what i need to do. @data #has all column wise data so say info for col 1 location for all rows would be in this array $array = \@data But i need to create a file which should contain these information in a format for all columns even if i have got no values from some of the index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
0 Replies

8. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies

9. Programming

Signalsafe data structures

Hello, I have a signal handler which manipulates a data structure. The data structure's operations aren't atomic. So if two threads/processes are in a critical section at the same time the data structure will be broken. With threads you can avoid this stuff with semaphores etc. However,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlegnome
10 Replies

10. Programming

C- static initialization of structures

Situation: I have an array of structures: struct my_struct_type { char tags_sn; char group_c; char is_err_c; }; struct my_struct_type stuff = { "abcd", 'A', 'E', "efgh", 'B', 'E', "ijkl", 'C', 'E' NULL, '\0', '\0' ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: garysk
14 Replies
The eXtented eXosip stack(3)					    libeXosip2					      The eXtented eXosip stack(3)

NAME
The eXtented eXosip stack - libeXosip2 Version 3.6.0 Modules How-To initialize libeXosip2. How-To initiate, modify or terminate calls. How-To send or update registrations. Detailed Description libeXosip2 Version 3.6.0 See also: http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/exosip What is eXosip libeXosip2 implements the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP -rfc3261-) libeXosip2 is GPL (COPYING). Please understand the licencing details before using it! For any use of this library beyond the rights granted to you by the GPL license, please contact my company at jack@atosc.org. What is the relation between osip &; eXosip2 The GNU osip stack is the first step needed to implement SIP applications. As a low layer stack, there is no limitation in the way to use it, but the very large API makes it rather complex and not suitable for beginners. The eXtended eXosip library is based on osip and implements a lot more SIP stuff so you can quickly build compliant SIP applications. The API is enough flexible to allow you to control and complete SIP messages. Thus, it keeps the stack extensible. While osip can be used for any SIP applications, eXosip2 only provide APIs to control endpoints. What is SIP SIP is an IP telephony protocol made by the IETF. It is an effort to create a simple (telephony is never simple) and powerful protocol for next generation telephony systems. SIP features SIP is not just about telephony. It's much more that what you expect from phones. SIP means mobility, video, textual call information, file exchange, instant messaging, presence support and much more! eXosip2 is free software As eXosip2 is GPL, you MUST choose to release your SIP applications based on eXosip2 under the GPL license. For any use of this library beyond the rights granted to you by the GPL license, please contact my company at jack@atosc.org. With oSIP (which is LGPL), you still have the choice to implement close source application and link with oSIP. For the benefit of the community (and for your own benefit), please consider implementing your application in GPL. Still with osip, you have to respect the license terms. Mainly, users of your software must be able to fix bugs in osip themselves. (they must have the source code, be able to compile it and link your product with the new version.) Thanks Thanks to all the contributors and to all bug reporters. Enjoy osip! Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libeXosip2 from the source code. Version 3.1.0 Sun Jun 24 2012 The eXtented eXosip stack(3)