Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't Lunch CDE
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't Lunch CDE Post 302078958 by amran on Wednesday 5th of July 2006 08:35:19 PM
Old 07-05-2006
Can't Lunch Cde

Hi Ebbi

Yes i using HP 9000/C110 with 120 MHz with HP-UX 10.20 ..
No this is not fresh installed & ..before this the system okay ...
No the machine not been pulled out of a working network...

Thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE

I'm running Digital Unix True64 system. version4.0. My CDE is shutoff. How can I start the CDE. When I boot my system I don't even get graphic startup picture in the beginn. I've tried to activate thourgh Graphical UI Selection Facility in /usr/sbin/setup.But all I have is alot of inactive... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Hi, I'am new to SCO unix and their CDE desktop interface. Yesterdag i installed a unixware 7.11 system, but when I log in as a normal user and click on any icon in CDE i keep getting the same erro, talkback connection failed... what does this means??? I cant even shutdown the machine from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zzero
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Is there such a thing as installing a CDE for use with UNIX? If so, where would I find one, and how would I do it? What kind of info about UNIX would I need to know before going into this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muscleache
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Hi There, easy one for you. I am using Solaris 7 on my desktop at home and I don't want to invoke the CDE environment when I boot up. I want it to just boot up to the command line to save on memory. What do I have to do in order to do this? Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
2 Replies

5. AIX

CDE menu

Hi all, is any one knows how can i change menus on my front panel (I need to load the default)? for example : when im entering in a session I've got a application menu ( /etc/dt/appconfig/types/en_US) and i need the default one ( /usr/dt/appconfig/types/C) to be load. I've sold that problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabim
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Can't lunch CDE

All , Need some help & advise here . I have problem with worksation that can't lunch CDE . they was no problem when booting the system .. the problem just appear when time to lunch the CDE . Error measage is " x server can't start " thank you Amran (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amran
3 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

xfce like cde

At the moment I am using Ubuntu hardy on my desktop. I am going to be adding other Linux's and maybe FreeBSD. I use gnome for special effects, eye candy, and plain old show off stuff. But I want to have a simple DE in my computer installed. I like the way CDE looks and the reviews about its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
7 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies
hpfc(7D)							      Devices								  hpfc(7D)

NAME
hpfc - Agilent fibre channel host bus adapter SYNOPSIS
PCI pci103c DESCRIPTION
The hpfc fibre channel host bus adapter is a SCSA compliant nexus driver that supports all Agilent fibre channel host bus adapters, includ- ing the HHBA5100x, HHBA5101x, and HHBA5121x models. Agilent host bus adapters support the fibre channel protocol on private fibre channel arbitrated loops and fabrics. The driver supports up to ten host bus adapters, with a maximum of 125 fibre channel devices on each host bus adapter. The hpfc driver supports a maximum of 256 LUNs per target. The hpfc driver does not support the BIOS Int 13 feature, which enables the booting of an operating system. As a result, you should not install an operating system on devices attached to the hpfc driver. CONFIGURATION
The hpfc driver attempts to configure itself using the information in the /kernel/drv/hpfc.conf configuration file. By default, the driver supports only LUN 0 for each target device. To add multiple LUN support, modify the /kernel/drv/sd.conf file. Before upgrading the hpfc driver, backup the sd.conf file to save customized LUN settings and then use pkgrm(1M) to remove the old version of the driver. The host bus adapter port is initialized to FL_Port when connected to a fabric switch. To change it to F_Port, add the init_as_nport=1 entry to the hpfc.conf file and reboot the system. To conserve system resources, at least one disk drive must be attached to the hpfc driver. If no devices are attached, the driver will not load. FILES
/kernel/drv/hpfc 32-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/hpfc 64-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/hpfc.conf Driver configuration file /kernel/drv/sd.conf SCSI disk configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86, SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
luxadm(1M), pkgrm(1M), prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), ses(7D), ssd(7D) ANSI X3.272-1996, Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL), ANSI X3.269-1996, Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP), ANSI X3.270-1996, SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM), Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) SunOS 5.10 10 Oct 2000 hpfc(7D)