Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C library
Top Forums Programming C library Post 302078913 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of July 2006 11:09:56 AM
Old 07-05-2006
For sorting arrays in C, you can use qsort, see 'man 3 qsort'.

If you need abstract streaming types, investigate libSDL, it has neat things they call SDL_RWops. They're structures full of function pointers that can be populated by any functions you want. SDL comes with ones for reading from files and memory, and I've written an extension library, SDL_rwlib, that includes things like TCP/IP sockets, UNIX fd's, gz streams, bzip2 streams, temp files and temp memory spaces, ring buffers, and an SDL_rwprintf.

What else do you need? If you're looking for a total replacement of C++ STL, you're out of luck, since the closest thing C has to templates is macros...

Last edited by Corona688; 07-05-2006 at 12:18 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GD library?

I've just been told that I need to install the GD library for PHP on my server, but I've got no idea how to do that or even:eek: where I can find it so that I can download and install it. Is it easy to do and how would I go about doing it?:confused: By the way I believe the server is running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
4 Replies

2. Programming

C++ library in C

Hi, I have a bunch of C++ files whose functionality needs to be included in another piece of C code. Is it possible to create a C++ library and link it with C code? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

4. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

5. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

6. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

7. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)