Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VT100 terminal and colour
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting VT100 terminal and colour Post 302078404 by preethgideon on Friday 30th of June 2006 05:47:35 AM
Old 06-30-2006
I could not see colour when i am using the vi editor.

When i write in the vi editor some times for some srtings like "echo" ,"do", "exit","where" all these words come in the white clolour
echo " Hello "
if [ $1 > $2 ]
do
echo " great "
exit.

And in some enviornments it won't be there.How to siwtch it on or off.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Text Color Using VT100

Hi, I want to change the color of the text. Currently, I am using the following VT100 command, which changes the color of the foreground: <ESC>[{attr1};...;{attrn}m The problem is, when I change the color of the foreground, it changes the color of the text as expected, but it also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abed Alnaif
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh, font colour

hi all, how do i change the colour of text if i am using printf ?? in my script i am printing out response times from the server and i wanted to print out the max response time in red. ta. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

random colour xterm alias

I used to have this but do not know where it went - a script or an alias that: opens a new xterm window with a random background colour. I have this off "the internets" : alias xterm1="xterm ... -bg \#* printf '%02x%02x%02x' {repeat 3 times $((RANDOM%128+128))}` &" this gives me an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arcadia
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

hpux top colour

Hello, is there some way to change b/w colour of top command output in hpux B.11.31 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonijel
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing text colour in bash

I am doing a basic script to check if services are disabled, and I was wondering how to change to colours for PASS and FAIL to green & red respectively. #!/usr/bin/bash clear TELNET=`svcs -a | grep telnet | awk '{print $1}'` if then RESULT=PASS else RESULT=FAIL fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: detatchedd
3 Replies

6. Programming

Cshell help with change colour in print

i want to ask how to change the colour of prompt message from use? and also how to change colour in printing........ i want to change it as blue colour and red colour, but i found many website still don't know how to do. how's the command is wrote? thz really!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendy1089
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed colour change

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will email a backup report from the server, The contents of the email will be: ---------------------- ---- -- ---- ----- ---- ------- ---- ------- ------- | | | | |Chnge|Wkng| | | | | | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bdoydie
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Colour code in shell script

Hello, I am trying to colour code a single word in whole line. Can you please help. I am able to colour code the whole line but not able to do only for single word Query) I want to echo below line and colur code red to word FAILED only. This server is FAILED in check. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Add a new user to a vt100 profile

Hello Team, I am trying to add a user a9acd012 and the user has to be added to two groups in unix and two groups in windows, Also i want to give the user vt100 profile when i create the user.Can anyone here help me with the command please.Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi2089
1 Replies
tput(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   tput(1)

NAME
tput - query terminfo database SYNOPSIS
type] capname... type] capname [parms...] DESCRIPTION
The command uses the database to make terminal-dependent capabilities and information available to the shell (see terminfo(4)). The com- mand outputs a string if the attribute (capname) is of type string, or an integer if the attribute is of type integer. If the attribute is of type boolean, simply sets the exit code for TRUE, for FALSE), and produces no output. Command-line Arguments The command recognizes the following command-line arguments: Indicates the type of terminal. Normally this flag is unnecessary because the default is taken from the environment variable capname Indicates the attribute from the database. See terminfo(4). In addition, the following capnames are supported: Echo the clear-screen sequence for the current terminal. Echo the initialize sequence for the current terminal. Echo the sequence that will reset the current terminal. parms If the capname takes optional numeric parameters, the parms will be placed in the string output by The capnames are read from stdin and multiple capnames are allowed. Only one capname is allowed per line when reading from stdin. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the locale to use. This overrides settings of other environment variables. determines the language to use for messages. determines the terminal type if the option is not specified. EXAMPLES
Echo clear-screen sequence for the current terminal. Print the number of columns for the current terminal. Print the number of columns for the 70092 terminal. Set shell variable to stand-out-mode sequence for current terminal. This might be followed by a prompt: Set exit code to indicate if current terminal is a hard copy terminal. Clear the screen, move the cursor to line 10, column 20 and turn on bold. RETURN VALUE
If capname is of type boolean, then the exit code is set to for true and for false. If capname is not of type boolean and fails, an error message is printed, and exit code is set to one of the following depending on the failure: The capability name is of type integer and does not exist. Usage error. Unknown terminal type. Unknown capability name. An error occurred. If the exit code is a is printed if a capability name of type integer is requested for a terminal that has no entry for that capability name in the database (such as FILES
Terminfo data base Definition files SEE ALSO stty(1), untic(1M), terminfo(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
tput(1)