Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract a sequence of n lines from a file Post 302078353 by 0ktalmagik on Thursday 29th of June 2006 05:58:17 PM
Old 06-29-2006
How to extract a sequence of n lines from a file

Hi

I want to be able to extract a sequence of n lines from a file.

ideas, commands and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Pattern Sequence

Dear Collegues I have to extract Some pattern from raw text file using perl The input will be raw text. Pattern to get - Sequence of Capital Letter Words ( e.g. he is working in Center for Perl Studies. He will come tomorrow...) from thos I have to extract sequences like "Center for Perl... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence blocks

Hi, I have an one-line file consisting of a sequence of 660 letters. I would like to extract 9-letter blocks iteratively: ASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIOPZXCVBNM first block: ASDFGHJKL 1nd block: SDFGHJKLQ What I have so far only gives me the first block, can anyone please explain why? cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solli
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract particular lines from text file

I have two files file A which have a number in every row and file B which contains few hundred thousand rows with about 300 characters in each row (csv) What I need is to extract whole rows from B file (only these which numbers are indicated in A file) I also need to use cygwin. Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunio
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular lines from a file

Hi all, I have a file with many records with information as given below ID A16L2_HUMAN Reviewed; 619 AA. AC Q8NAA4; A5PL30; B2RPK5; Q658V4; Q6PID3; Q8NBG0; DT 20-MAY-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 20-MAY-2008, sequence version 2. DT ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaav06
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certain lines from a file?

Hi guys I have a several thousands line file in the following format: n817 -------------------------------------------------- n842 -------------------------------------------------- n877 -------------------------------------------------- n513 /bb/data/rmt2db.lrl:JBSKDB 31915 75... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence from fasta file

Hi, I want to match the sequence id (sub-string of line starting with '>' and extract the information upto next '>' line ). Please help . input > fefrwefrwef X900 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGGGCCTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X932 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGAGGTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X937... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract distinc sequence of letters

Hallo, I need to extract distinct sequence of letters for example from 136 to 193 Files are quite big, so I would prefer not to use "fold -w1" Thank you very much Input file look like this: 1 cttttacctt catgtgtttt tgcagatatt tgttcataat aacatcttct ttttaagtta 61 ttaaaatctt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamcamonty
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from a file

Hi all; Here is my file which contains a list of files (recent versions of files are in red). This file is dynamic, files versions can change at any time (versions can increment) filename ------------------------------------------------------- ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract lines that have entries in VI file

Dears experts i have UNIX file that contain 4 million lines , i need to extract all lines that have entiries saved in VI file , i have below comand but it takes tooooo long time : for i in `cat file1.csv`; do cat dump | grep -i $i >> file2.csv; done where : file1.csv = VI file that... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: is2_egypt
12 Replies
dfstab(4)							   File Formats 							 dfstab(4)

NAME
dfstab - file containing commands for sharing resources across a network DESCRIPTION
dfstab resides in directory /etc/dfs and contains commands for sharing resources across a network. dfstab gives a system administrator a uniform method of controlling the automatic sharing of local resources. Each line of the dfstab file consists of a share(1M) command. The dfstab file can be read by the shell to share all resources. System administrators can also prepare their own shell scripts to execute particular lines from dfstab. The contents of dfstab put into effect when the command shown below is run. See svcadm(1M). /usr/sbin/svcadm enable network/nfs/server SEE ALSO
share(1M), shareall(1M), sharemgr(1M), svcadm(1M) NOTES
Do not modify this file directly. This file is reconstructed and only maintained for backwards compatibility. Configuration lines could be lost. Use the sharemgr(1M) command for all share management. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 dfstab(4)