Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris solari s 10 auto account locking Post 302077928 by reborg on Tuesday 27th of June 2006 06:15:23 PM
Old 06-27-2006
passwd -x ??

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH on Solari 8

Hi, I am installing SSH on Solaris 8....it is trying to install in /usr/local .where our /usr/local is residning on a remote system and is is read only.. Is there any way to install it in a different directory other than /usr/local.? Thanks in advance. Manu (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto Locking user accounts

Hi, I am trying to setup account locking in Solaris 9. I have made the changes in /etc/default/login where RETRIES=5 and SYSLOG_FAILED_LOGINS=5 and in /etc/user_attr I am having: test_user::::lock_after_retries=yes Still I am not able to lock test_user after successive unsuccessful... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ftp account locking

I need some help trying to figure out why our ftp account keeps getting locked with no manual intervention. We have end of day processes that run nightly and the last thing it does is ftp files to a server. Everyonce in a while the script fails because the account has been locked. How could this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgadoa
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Kerberos with local account locking

Hello Gurus, I desperately need help to replicate the functionality that I had with Solaris 8 and SEAM into Solaris 10. Our application needs a few users which are created with the application install. One of our customer requires Kerberos as single sign-on because of their IT department... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmaavnii
0 Replies

5. Linux

Auto create local account with winbind.

Hi, I have a set up a linux box connected to windows active directory using winbind. Everything is up and running fine. Now i wish to auto create a local account whenever a new user logs in. I have tried every possible way using the smb.conf to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: d_ark
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locking specific account without using passwd

Hey guys just wondering how i could lock a specific acount by prepending LK to the password field in the /etc/shadow file. it cannot be done through a command since the script gets called by a menu driven interface so i cant use "passwd". Is there a way where i can search for a specific account... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto login to Super User account

i want to write to script which will login to su account without hving user interaction.( i know Super user password) i wrote following script its also able to log into su account. but seesion gets terminates soon. what can be done ??? or is there any other solution. i don't want to use expect... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anup13
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Which process/script is locking account ?

There is a account - ohsuser on Solaris-10 zone. It is getting locked every 2-3 minutes. Can I know, what is process or script, which is using this account and locking it ? root@tswsd23-prdt01:/root# cat /var/adm/messages | tail -10 Sep 24 11:05:53 tswsd23-prdt01 nmo: Excessive (3) login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
SHADOW(5)							File Formats Manual							 SHADOW(5)

NAME
shadow - encrypted password file DESCRIPTION
shadow contains the encrypted password information for user's accounts and optional the password aging information. Included is Login name Encrypted password Days since Jan 1, 1970 that password was last changed Days before password may be changed Days after which password must be changed Days before password is to expire that user is warned Days after password expires that account is disabled Days since Jan 1, 1970 that account is disabled A reserved field The password field must be filled. The encryped password consists of 13 to 24 characters from the 64 character alphabet a thru z, A thru Z, 0 thru 9, . and /. Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. The date of the last password change is given as the number of days since Jan 1, 1970. The password may not be changed again until the proper number of days have passed, and must be changed after the maximum number of days. If the minimum number of days required is greater than the maximum number of day allowed, this password may not be changed by the user. An account is considered to be inactive and is disabled if the password is not changed within the specified number of days after the pass- word expires. An account will also be disabled on the specified day regardless of other password expiration information. This information supercedes any password or password age information present in /etc/passwd. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. FILES
/etc/passwd - user account information /etc/shadow - encrypted user passwords SEE ALSO
chage(1), login(1), passwd(1), su(1), passwd(5), pwconv(8), pwunconv(8), sulogin(8) AUTHOR
Julianne Frances Haugh (jockgrrl@ix.netcom.com) SHADOW(5)