Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to match month
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to match month Post 302077853 by LivinFree on Tuesday 27th of June 2006 01:55:26 AM
Old 06-27-2006
Try looking at the manual page of your shell for "case", or "select". A simple loop or select statement will get you what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern1 in file, match pattern2, substitute value1 in line

not getting anywhere with this an xml file contains multiple clients set up with same tags, different values. I need to parse the file for client foo, and change the value of tag "64bit" from false to true. cat clients.xml <Client type"FIX"> <ClientName>foo</ClientName>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack.bauer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert From Month Number to Month Name

Hi, I have a script that accepts an input date from the user in yyyy-mm-dd format. I need to get the mm-dd part and convert it to month name. example: 2011-11-15 I want that to become "Nov 15" I don't have the GNU date, I am using an AIX os. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display match or no match and write a text file to a directory

The below bash connects to a site, downloads a file, searches that file based of user input - could be multiple (all that seems to work). What I am not able to figure out is how to display on the screen match found or no match found" and write a file to a directory (C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
ckdate(1)							   User Commands							 ckdate(1)

NAME
ckdate, errdate, helpdate, valdate - prompts for and validates a date SYNOPSIS
ckdate [-Q] [-W width] [-f format] [-d default] [-h help] [-e error] [-p prompt] [-k pid [-s signal]] /usr/sadm/bin/errdate [-W width] [-e error] [-f format] /usr/sadm/bin/helpdate [-W width] [-h help] [-f format] /usr/sadm/bin/valdate [-f format] input DESCRIPTION
The ckdate utility prompts a user and validates the response. It defines, among other things, a prompt message whose response should be a date, text for help and error messages, and a default value (which will be returned if the user responds with a RETURN). The user response must match the defined format for a date. All messages are limited in length to 70 characters and are formatted automatically. Any white space used in the definition (including new- line) is stripped. The -W option cancels the automatic formatting. When a tilde is placed at the beginning or end of a message definition, the default text will be inserted at that point, allowing both custom text and the default text to be displayed. If the prompt, help or error message is not defined, the default message (as defined under NOTES) will be displayed. Three visual tool modules are linked to the ckdate command. They are errdate (which formats and displays an error message), helpdate (which formats and displays a help message), and valdate (which validates a response). These modules should be used in conjunction with FML objects. In this instance, the FML object defines the prompt. When format is defined in the errdate and helpdate modules, the messages will describe the expected format. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d default Defines the default value as default. The default does not have to meet the format criteria. -e error Defines the error message as error. -f format Specifies the format against which the input will be verified. Possible formats and their definitions are: %b = abbreviated month name (jan, feb, mar) %B = full month name %d = day of month (01 - 31) %D = date as %m/%d/%y (the default format) %e = day of month (1 - 31; single digits are preceded by a blank) %h = abbreviated month name, identical to %b% %m = month number (01 - 12) %y = year within century (for instance, 89) %Y = year as CCYY (for instance, 1989) -h help Defines the help messages as help. -k pid Specifies that process ID pid is to be sent a signal if the user chooses to abort. -p prompt Defines the prompt message as prompt. -Q Specifies that quit will not be allowed as a valid response. -s signal Specifies that the process ID pid defined with the -k option is to be sent signal signal when quit is chosen. If no signal is specified, SIGTERM is used. -W width Specifies that prompt, help and error messages will be formatted to a line length of width. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: input Input to be verified against format criteria. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful execution. 1 EOF on input, or negative width on -W option, or usage error. 3 User termination (quit). 4 Garbled format argument. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
The default prompt for ckdate is: Enter the date [?,q]: The default error message is: ERROR - Please enter a date. Format is <format>. The default help message is: Please enter a date. Format is <format>. When the quit option is chosen (and allowed), q is returned along with the return code 3. The valdate module will not produce any output. It returns zero for success and non-zero for failure. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 ckdate(1)