Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring processes of another host Post 302077720 by Andimotz80 on Monday 26th of June 2006 01:54:37 AM
Old 06-26-2006
I mean a shell script to implement in nagios, which runs on different operating systems like tru64, linux, ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitoring running processes

I have a script that runs continuously and will deliver a file to multiple servers via scp. On occasions one of the scp's will hang and as a result not complete in sending the remaining files and not loop around again. If I run the scp commands with a & they'll complete, but I want to make sure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring Processes - Killing hung processes

Is there a way to monitor certain processes and if they hang too long to kill them, but certain scripts which are expected to take a long time to let them go? Thank you Richard (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring 'waiting' processes

Is it possible to monitor processes whether they are waiting or active? Basically I would like to know since which TIME the process has been running and the state. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
3 Replies

4. Programming

Need C program for monitoring a processes that are running in different nodes

Hey, I am doing a high availability project. I need coding(socket programming using C) to monitor processes that are running in different nodes with in a network cluster.At last if u could give me a program in C to monitor the process(whether it is running or failed),it would be very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job for monitoring processes

I have to monitor several processes in my application . i get the listing of these processes using the command ps -ax i want to write a shell script that will monitor the processes and if a process goes missing then it will send an email to my gmail account. I want to run this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring cpu usage of mysql processes/threads/queries without any tool

hi all, i want to monitor mysql processes/threads/queries with respect to cpu usage.how can i do it? show processlist is of no use as no information abt cpu usage is given. plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
jconsole(1)						      General Commands Manual						       jconsole(1)

NAME
jconsole - J2SE Monitoring and Management Console SYNOPSIS
jconsole [ options ] [ pid | [ host:port ... ] ] PARAMETERS
pid Process ID of a Java VM that was started with -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote option on the same machine. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. host:port Host name on which the Java VM is running and the port number through which the Java VM's JMX Connector is published. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. DESCRIPTION
The jconsole command launches a graphical console tool that enables you to monitor and manage Java applications and virtual machines on a local or remote machine. NOTE- This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-interval=n Set the update interval to n seconds (default is 4 seconds) -notile Do not tile windows initially (for two or more connections) -version Output version information abd exit. -help Output help message and exit. SEE ALSO
Monitoring and Management for Java Platform at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/index.html 06 Feb 2004 jconsole(1)