Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create file execution in KSH shell Post 302077612 by grumpf on Friday 23rd of June 2006 12:43:44 PM
Old 06-23-2006
next step is to use 'exec /tmp/myexecuteable'
to save some 0.002us and a few more bytes Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file in ksh scripting with permission(rw-rw-rw)

Hi, Please provide your inputs.. Thanks in Advance, Mansa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Output of a shell script into a file.

Hi Experts, I have a script called test.sh. I am trying to execute it with sh -x test.sh. Where i can find sequence of steps executed one by one. Now i want to these executions to be captured in a file. i.e sh -x test.sh > output.txt the above one is notworking. can anyone help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to create a generic csv file from different source formats

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a "superset" file out of a number of different sources with some different and some same columns. We intend to have a manually updateable SuperSetCols.csv which would look like "ColA","ColB","ColC","ColD","ColE","ColF","ColG" so someday we may add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create csv in ksh from tricky log file

hi guys, trying to create a csv from a tricky log file in ksh, using 'awk '{print $1" "$14" "$15" "$16" "$17" "$18" "$19}' >> $TMP_FILE' on another set of files I have an output file with hundreds of lines in which looks like so: ABC_DEFGHI_16_JKLMNP11.20101115_095412_374.log:09:54:29.579... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with ksh

Dear All, I have a script as follows: 1 #! /bin/ksh 2 # 28 varDate=`date +%d%h%y` 29 export spool_file=/app/my_user/work/TH_Status_${varDate}_Check.txt 30 31 ######################### 32 # Unix Code Starts here # 33 ######################### ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Execution Time

Hello, I am on solaris 9 (KSH). I need to get the execution time of my script. I can't use the time command as I have to send by mail the result in a human readable way. So I am looking for a code to add to my script. The output result would be : Execution time :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aswex
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh file execution problem

Hi, There is a ksh file as below /scripts/dir> ls -ltr script.ksh -rwxrwxrwx 1 oprlxr lxr 4937 Aug 19 11:13 script.ksh i logged on to the server with my ID and able to see the above file. I tried executing it but it was shoing below error. (JSKOBS) /scripts/dir>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Log File in ksh itself

Hi, I want to create a log file for a running ksh , and the log file absolute path I want to give in ksh itself. To elaborate this - Say I have a ksh - timer.ksh and I want to create a log timer_log.log when I run, to trace this. I am aware of the fact that this can be done using redirection... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay4889
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of KSH after the Other ENDS

I have couple of scripts which I may have to execute one after the other. The Script1 creates trg files and second sciprt need to look for this trg file and proces further. I read in the forum that (./test1.sh && ./test2.sh) would work. Can you please let me know how do i use this where I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sukruth Kumar
3 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Restricted shell with execution permission on a file

Hi, I've created a user which shell is the restricted one (/usr/lib/rsh), but I've realized that the user cannot execute a script !!! The scope was to allow the ssh access to a user that could not access to any other directories but there that user should be able to run a script that retrieves ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary0
2 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)