Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting caputring information from log Post 302077380 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 21st of June 2006 04:21:31 PM
Old 06-21-2006
nawk -v callid=112201 -f fossil.awk myLogFile.log

fossil.awk:
Code:
$(NF-1) == "Callid:" && $NF == callid { found=1 }
found && $(NF-1) == "Callid:" && $NF != callid { found=0 }
found

Last edited by vgersh99; 06-21-2006 at 05:40 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Hi to all, i want configure my solaris 10 machine to log all login,logout and "su" in a particularly file. How can i do it? Now i enable auth.* in syslog.conf but the informations are written in a confused mode... Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suuuper
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

caputring most recent pid in c-shell

I'm trying to convert a script from bash to csh. The original script makes use of the $! variable to capture the most recent pid spawned from within the script. Is there an equivalent command or variable in the c-shell to capture the pid? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing a verbose information to a log file

Hi All, In the script mentioned below uses a sftp command to login to the remote host and pull the files from the remote server. we want to log this inf to a log file . But it is not happening, the verbose information is just displayed on the screen but not to the log file when I run this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghuveer2008
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hello all, so i'm working on a script, and part of it is to display the log info of the current logged on users, 1- full name 2- last log-in time 3- source ip address i used who command to find the user ID then grep the full name and the last log in time. but i can't find a command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibzee33
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from Log file formatted

Good evening! Trying to make a shell script to parse log file and show only required information. log file has 44 fields and alot of lines, each columns separated by ":". log file is like: first_1:3:4:5:6:1:3:4:5:something:notinterested second_2:3:4:3:4:2 first_1:3:4:6:6:7:8 I am interested... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummie55
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract information from a log file (last days)

I'm still new to bash script , I have a log file and I want to extract the items within the last 5 days . and also within the last 10 hours the log file is like this : it has 14000 items started from march 2002 to january 2003 awk '{print $4}' < *.log |uniq -c|sort -g|tail -10 but... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: matarsak
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract various information from a log file

Hye ShamRock If you can help me with this difficult task for me then it will save my day Logs : ================================================================================================================== ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feeding information in columns of LOG file

Dear all, I want to write a shell script to easy my job. Here is the description of task: I have several files (d1.log, d2.log, d3.log etc) with the common text as =======using photon counter ====== tot pho is = 29596 nomatch pho is = 1350 phoeta pho is = 1220... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting information out of a log file

Hello guys, I am trying to filter some information out of a log file (example shortcut) ===== fspCIV0 /vol/vol0 -sec=sys,rw=fspsanp42.net,root=fspsanp42.net,nosuid ===== fcvCIS01 /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw,nosuid /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_scrub
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk / grep to extract information from log

Hi all, I have a query that runs that outputs data in the following format - 01/09/12 11:43:40,ADMIN,4,77,Application Group Load: Name(TESTED) LoadId(5137-1-0-1XX-15343-15343) File(/dir/dir/File.T03.CI2.RYR.2012009.11433350806.ARD) InputSize(5344) OutputSize(1359) Rows(2) Time(1.9960)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)