Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting caputring information from log Post 302077378 by fossil0681 on Wednesday 21st of June 2006 04:09:30 PM
Old 06-21-2006
Please let me know if it is not doable. I am assuming it isnt since i havent received any responses yet. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Hi to all, i want configure my solaris 10 machine to log all login,logout and "su" in a particularly file. How can i do it? Now i enable auth.* in syslog.conf but the informations are written in a confused mode... Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suuuper
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

caputring most recent pid in c-shell

I'm trying to convert a script from bash to csh. The original script makes use of the $! variable to capture the most recent pid spawned from within the script. Is there an equivalent command or variable in the c-shell to capture the pid? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing a verbose information to a log file

Hi All, In the script mentioned below uses a sftp command to login to the remote host and pull the files from the remote server. we want to log this inf to a log file . But it is not happening, the verbose information is just displayed on the screen but not to the log file when I run this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghuveer2008
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hello all, so i'm working on a script, and part of it is to display the log info of the current logged on users, 1- full name 2- last log-in time 3- source ip address i used who command to find the user ID then grep the full name and the last log in time. but i can't find a command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibzee33
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from Log file formatted

Good evening! Trying to make a shell script to parse log file and show only required information. log file has 44 fields and alot of lines, each columns separated by ":". log file is like: first_1:3:4:5:6:1:3:4:5:something:notinterested second_2:3:4:3:4:2 first_1:3:4:6:6:7:8 I am interested... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummie55
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract information from a log file (last days)

I'm still new to bash script , I have a log file and I want to extract the items within the last 5 days . and also within the last 10 hours the log file is like this : it has 14000 items started from march 2002 to january 2003 awk '{print $4}' < *.log |uniq -c|sort -g|tail -10 but... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: matarsak
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract various information from a log file

Hye ShamRock If you can help me with this difficult task for me then it will save my day Logs : ================================================================================================================== ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feeding information in columns of LOG file

Dear all, I want to write a shell script to easy my job. Here is the description of task: I have several files (d1.log, d2.log, d3.log etc) with the common text as =======using photon counter ====== tot pho is = 29596 nomatch pho is = 1350 phoeta pho is = 1220... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting information out of a log file

Hello guys, I am trying to filter some information out of a log file (example shortcut) ===== fspCIV0 /vol/vol0 -sec=sys,rw=fspsanp42.net,root=fspsanp42.net,nosuid ===== fcvCIS01 /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw,nosuid /vol/ARDW -sec=sys,rw... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_scrub
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk / grep to extract information from log

Hi all, I have a query that runs that outputs data in the following format - 01/09/12 11:43:40,ADMIN,4,77,Application Group Load: Name(TESTED) LoadId(5137-1-0-1XX-15343-15343) File(/dir/dir/File.T03.CI2.RYR.2012009.11433350806.ARD) InputSize(5344) OutputSize(1359) Rows(2) Time(1.9960)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies
BOOTPTEST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      BOOTPTEST(8)

NAME
bootptest -- send BOOTP queries and print responses SYNOPSIS
bootptest [-f bootfile] [-h] [-m magic_number] server-name [template-file] DESCRIPTION
The bootptest utility sends BOOTP requests to the host specified as server-name at one-second intervals until either a response is received, or until ten requests have gone unanswered. After a response is received, bootptest will wait one more second listening for additional responses. OPTIONS
-f bootfile Fill in the boot file field of the request with bootfile. -h Use the hardware (Ethernet) address to identify the client. By default, the IP address is copied into the request indicating that this client already knows its IP address. -m magic_number Initialize the first word of the vendor options field with magic_number. A template-file may be specified, in which case bootptest uses the (binary) contents of this file to initialize the options area of the request packet. SEE ALSO
bootpd(8) BOOTSTRAP PROTOCOL (BOOTP), RFC951. BOOTP Vendor Information Extensions, RFC1048. AUTHORS
The bootptest utility is a combination of original and derived works. The main program module (bootptest.c) is original work by Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>. The packet printing module (print-bootp.c) is a slightly modified version of a file from the BSD tcpdump(1) program. This program includes software developed by the University of California, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory and its contributors. (See the copy- right notice in print-bootp.c.) BSD
June 10, 1993 BSD