Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: difficult time differences
Operating Systems Solaris difficult time differences Post 302077177 by Lokesha on Tuesday 20th of June 2006 09:27:36 AM
Old 06-20-2006
Error difficult time differences

Smilie Hi,

How to take the time diffence between start and finish time from a log file?
It is like
..... started at Jun 20 23:20
..... finished at Jun 21 01:40

Tryed so many ways but failed to ger exact way. Smilie

Your help will be honoured.
Ta........Lokesha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working out time differences

Hi everyone, I need to be able to write into a ksh script, a function that can look at 2 24 hour time variables and work out the difference between them. e.g job1 runs at 21:00 job2 runs at 01:00 diff = 04:00 hours I would also need negative numbers i.e where job1 runs after job2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rik1551
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date/time differences

A thanks to all ahead of time. I've checked previous posts about this subject and can't find any that quite fit what I need. If I've missed the post could you point me there. When I do an ls -al I get the following output: -rw-r--r-- 1 staff staff 855 July 24 20:05 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillr
4 Replies

3. Programming

C program in Unix / Linux - Time differences

Hi Friends, When Iam running c program in redhat linux 7.3 version and PCQ Linux 8.0 version, its taking around 20 seconds. But when Iam running it in HP-UX Release 11i, its taking around 3 minutes. Can anyone throw light on this. Thanks in advance, Praveen. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chprvkmr
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difficult sed command

Im trying to replace every line line1 line2 line3 with: line1 extraline1 line2 extraline2 line3 extraline3 with about 10 extra lines I am able to add axtra lines with: (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave724001
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A difficult script (for me)

Hi, I'm a beginners, this is one of my first script, it's easy, but I don't know how to write this script: The script receive in input 4 parameters: 1) user_name 2) r and/or w and/or x ( rwx, rw, x, ....) 3) u and/or g and/or o ( u, uo, ugo, ...) 4) the path name The script print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficult nawk to understand

I found a command who prints x lines before and after a line who contain a searched string in a text file. The command is : nawk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print;c=a}b{r=$0}' b=2 a=4 s="string" file1 It works very well but I can't understand the syntax, too difficult with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences between time command and usr/bin/time

I wondered if someone could point out the differences between the time commmand and usr/bin/time and the accuracy one might have over another. Also, is there a website or two a person could maybe link for me to describe the differences? Thank you for your time. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icedrake
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make diff show differences one line at a time and not group them?

Is there a way to tell diff to show differences one line at a time and not to group them? For example, I have two files: file1: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff line 4 diff line 5 diff line 6 line 7 file2: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff. line 4 diff. line 5 diff. line 6 line 7 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmr11408
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing time differences between 2 Solaris servers

Good day to all. I'm relatively new in using the Sun Solaris OS. I would like to request your expertise in helping to solve a problem that I have at work. Not sure if this has been asked before but I have tried searching through the internet to no avail. Basically I have 2 sun solaris... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fossil_84
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)