Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with File path
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with File path Post 302077070 by sandeep_hi on Monday 19th of June 2006 09:03:57 AM
Old 06-19-2006
I got the solution
it can be done like this
v1="C:/\Test/\Ad.A"

Thanks
Sandeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc path problem - no acceptable path found

Hello everyone, I'm a unix noob. I have a powerbook running mac os x 10.4 and for one of my classes I need to install the latest version of php (5.0.5). I'm following the instructions at http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/php.html to install but I've run into a problem. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kendokendokendo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

path problem

Hi i am writing a script containing processing commands which are reside in /opt/terascan/bin dir. if i run the script from command prompt it is working fine. but in crontab it is not working. if i give env command from command prompt it is showing /opt/terascan/bin dir in PATH variable. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem writing file path to txt file

if test -z "$1" then echo "you must give a filename or filepath" else path=`dirname $1` f_name =`basename $1` if path="." then path=`pwd` fi fi cat $f_name $path >> index.txt The only problem I am encountering with this is writing $path to index.txt Keeps going gaga: cat:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vintage_hegoog
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with path extract from file

hello, i have a configuration file app.conf under /tmp, containing values like : param1=/data/something param2=/data/somethingelse i have a bash script that has to list the files under the path that corresponds to param2 : #!/bin/bash dir=$(cat tmp/app.conf | grep param2 | sed ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to match a path in a file and put it into a variable

Hello,:p I made a script which do a backup on remote servers with a rsync command. I have a config.cfg with the IPs and the paths where it will copy the directory. The problem is that it doesn't match the paths, So, here my script and its output with the debug : #!/bin/bash # PATHS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with PATH

Recently I lost a number of changes I made to a program when the SCO Unix system went down. The system "mail" suggested a "vi -r" option that took me back several days. To prevent this in the future, I am trying to create my own vi command: if then cp -p $1 $1.bak fi /usr/bin/vi $* if ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

PATH problem

For the sake of not going insane and not buggering a load of needed system stuff, I have created a dir /mybin. (This is a Debian system.) I have then edited the /etc/profile and /etc/login.defs files and added :/mybin to all of the path variables. I have the file /mybin/mtp for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
chdir(2)							System Calls Manual							  chdir(2)

NAME
chdir, fchdir - change working directory SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
and cause a directory pointed to by path or fildes to become the current working directory, the starting point for path searches of path names not beginning with path points to the path name of a directory. fildes is an open file descriptor of a directory. For a directory to become the current working directory, a process must have execute (search) access to the directory. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails and the current working directory remains unchanged if one or more of the following are true: A component of the path name is not a directory. The named directory does not exist. Search permission is denied for any component of the path name. path points outside the allocated address space of the process. The reliable detection of this error is implemen- tation dependent. path is null. The length of the specified path name exceeds bytes, or the length of a component of the path name exceeds bytes while is in effect. Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the path name. fails and the current working directory remains unchanged if one or more of the following are true: Search permission is denied for fildes. fildes is not an open file descriptor. The open file descriptor fildes does not refer to a directory. AUTHOR
and were developed by AT&T Bell Laboratories and HP. SEE ALSO
cd(1), chroot(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
chdir(2)