Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: large file options is set
Operating Systems HP-UX large file options is set Post 302076975 by catwomen on Saturday 17th of June 2006 03:26:19 PM
Old 06-17-2006
Understood

Thanks again Perderabo for your responce. getconf is something I didn't know...I was thinking on lsf earlier...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop common lines at head/tail of a large set of files

Hi! I have a large set of pairs of text files (each pair in their own subdirectory) and each pair shares head/tail (a couple of first and last lines) but differs in the middle part. I need to delete the heads/tails and keep only the middle portions in which they differ. The lengths of heads/tails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dobryden
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vi set options

Does know where I can find what ALL of the set options do in vi? I can't find it anywhere in vi's man pages or help files. I know about :set all but a lot of the options I have no clue what they do. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -options not working inside for loop?

I'm a beginner in shell scripting (I'm using ksh). I'm manipulating some files and I'm using set -A to transform each read line into a numeric array. However, inside the 'for' loop the options of set (ie '-A') are not recognized (the vi editor doesn't highlight it and it doesn't work). Where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasumlolla
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to delete large set of files (i.e) close to 100K from a directory based on the input file

Hi all, I need a script to delete a large set of files from a directory under / based on an input file and want to redirect errors into separate file. I have already prepared a list of files in the input file. Kndly help me. Thanks, Prash (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
36 Replies

6. HP-UX

Set, setenv or export? Confused between three options

Hi Experts, Need your help in understanding the commands to setup the environment variables in hp-ux. Beleive need to use either set,setenv or export. I am confused between above three options, when to use which option? On command line, I have tried both set and setenv but couldn't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: userexperience
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing large data set with awk?

Hello! I have quite a bit of map data that I have to edit. I originally had a DOS script that would reverse x1, y1 coordinates in order to change the direction of a particular segment in a map file. It worked wonderfully and all was well, but my bossman told me that there is a boatload of nodes... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mothra
9 Replies

8. Programming

C++ help in large data set

Hi All, We are trying to replace a 3rdparty where we don't know how they handled the reader part here. The query below is getting 197 * 2038017 row in the table. In the below code we are trying to run the query and execute in the DB part and fetch and read the record. That is where it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies
PG_LO_IMPORT(3) 														   PG_LO_IMPORT(3)

pg_lo_import - Import a large object from file

SYNOPSIS
int pg_lo_import ([resource $connection], string $pathname, [mixed $object_id]) DESCRIPTION
pg_lo_import(3) creates a new large object in the database using a file on the filesystem as its data source. To use the large object interface, it is necessary to enclose it within a transaction block. Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories being operated upon have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. Note This function used to be called pg_loimport(3). PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. When $connection is not present, the default connection is used. The default connection is the last connection made by pg_connect(3) or pg_pconnect(3). o $pathname - The full path and file name of the file on the client filesystem from which to read the large object data. o $object_id - If an $object_id is given the function will try to create a large object with this id, else a free object id is assigned by the server. The parameter was added in PHP 5.3 and relies on functionality that first appeared in PostgreSQL 8.1. RETURN VALUES
The $OID of the newly created large object, or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+-------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The optional $object_id was added. | | | | +--------+-------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_lo_import(3) example <?php $database = pg_connect("dbname=jacarta"); pg_query($database, "begin"); $oid = pg_lo_import($database, '/tmp/lob.dat'); pg_query($database, "commit"); ?> SEE ALSO
pg_lo_export(3), pg_lo_open(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_LO_IMPORT(3)