Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Career Question
Operating Systems Solaris Career Question Post 302076807 by dbasan on Thursday 15th of June 2006 04:21:05 PM
Old 06-15-2006
Most of all Practice! Practice!! Practice!!!

Learn or try Breaking them, your choice?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Career Change

Hi, all! I'm a 37 year-old Electrical Engineer with a BSEE and 12 years of experience. I was laid off last week, and have been considering a career change (I've had enough of electrical design). I've used computers for the past 20 years as a hobby (building computers, playing games,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Snapster
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Career

Who in here works as an Unix administrator? I currently finishing up my BS Technical Management and im considering going into Unix base environment, if anybody is already in the field what do you recommended for a fresh meat like me, i currently studying to go for my solaris 10 certification as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gueso
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

career help

I just completed my solaris 10 certification, i also plan on learning shell scripting in depth can anyone advise what is the best way to job hunt in this field i have extensive expierience on windows networking and i am based in atlanta, ga Any suggestions??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravx18
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use career in unix

Hi, I want to start my career in Unix. I would like to know what is the job profile that I have to refer to and what is the basic knowledge that is required......I am a B.sc graduate and currently working in a BPO from past 1 year....... Thanking you in advance... Ram Suresh.L (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsuresh
5 Replies

5. AIX

Need career advice please

Hi all, I'm a Solaris/linux sysadmin with a good general UNIX skills and with a little tiny background on AIX with no exposure to IBM's hardware ( just reading ) , but i think i can cope with it . UNIX jobs nowadays are rare here ( i mean hp-ux , solaris , aix ) not linux specially after the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Career path help

I am working in a company in which my work includes working on Linux nodes. The "uname -arv" command outputs - "Linux clx28ap01 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5 #1 SMP Sat May 7 20:18:50 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux". I generally use various command to stop/start the servers, checking space,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Career Interest

Hi, I am not sure which was the right section under which I could have posted this question, so I landed up here. I also know for a fact that this website is not a career conselling website, but there are certain questions that are puzzling me these days.:):) and some guidance... I have 3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TH3M0Nk
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Career Advice

Hi, I not sure if this is the right place to ask this question and if I'm wrong I apologize. I'm a systems administrator and have about 5 years of experience. I have worked on Solaris HP-UX *linux Visualization ( VMWare ) And I'm comfortable with shell and Perl. Of late,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Rebooting a career

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this. I used to have a job supporting several custom applications that ran on Unix platforms. I used shell scripting, sed, awk, and SQL, but all on a pretty basic level. I also performed non-technical tasks like helping with project management,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: intranslation
4 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.12.1 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3)