Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Netstat usage problem
Operating Systems AIX Netstat usage problem Post 302076726 by sprellari on Thursday 15th of June 2006 09:51:53 AM
Old 06-15-2006
Netstat usage problem

Hi everyone.

I need some way to map individual connections listed in netstat to PID seen by the AIX.

In linux this can be done by using netstat -np.

Is there a swich in AIX netstat which I have not yet found regarding this or does anyone know if "GNU" netstat has been compiled for AIX in order to archive this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX disk usage problem

ENV: AIX 4.3 / rs6000 while running a program our root (/) directory fills up. I simply can't find where this file is located. Doing a df . insite the program gives the following output: during run of program /dev/hd4 65536 33144 50% 953 6% / after run of program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. Programming

Problem in CPU usage

Hi all, I have C++ program that is running on linux on an ARM processor. The program is sending voice to a specific ip. When i started the program, 2 threads are running and sending voice over ip. Each of the threads are at %0.2 CPU usage which is very normal. My problem is, CPU usage is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokaytos
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with awk usage

I have to change the 4th feild of a line; Most of the time, the line has only 4 feilds, but sometimes, it has more than 4 feilds. I am using the below command: NEW_LINE=`echo $Line | awk '{sub ($4, "2010\\\/04\\\/07"); printf "# %-7s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}'` This works fine but if the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in file usage option

Hi, I have a dout in -u option in ls command. If we give ls -lt command it will dispaly the last modfied time. If we give ls -lu command it will display the last usage time of the file. My doubt here is Please refer the below commands. /appldata/rsc/dm/RejectData$ls -lt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: puni
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk FS usage problem

Hi All, I have a question about the usage of FS in awk and i appreciate if you can help me sort out what i'm doing wrong. I have a file with info ; separated and i just want to print the o/p of all fields ($1 -> $8) to the screen. As you can see it is very simple but i'm facing an error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
5 Replies

10. AIX

Problem with nmon, actual CPU usage per process

Hi all, I am currently having trouble to get nmon to print me the actual CPU usage for an interval for a process. According to the manual, something like # time nmon -t -C cron -s 5 -c 2 -F outfile real 0m0.98s user 0m0.03s sys 0m0.04s should print out at least the process... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
15 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)