Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to connect to admin accout through script Post 302076677 by naamas03 on Thursday 15th of June 2006 05:44:04 AM
Old 06-15-2006
ho grial
don't worry itws not the original login and passwd i'm not that...........
besides
i just wanted to say that if i'm working in the same machine i realy don't need
to write the ip
what i try to explain is that when i wrote the ip
it's connect to the root and run cs-search and when i give up on the ip
it's seems like it's not run the cs-search script
that's why i asked this question from the first place
but thanks for the patient and for huge help

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

One accout for FTP other to TELNET

Hi All, If I want to have two user accounts from the same grop in UNIX Solaries. However, I want one of them to be used only for FTP while the other for TELNET. Can anybody tell me how to do that? Best Regards (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
13 Replies

2. Solaris

accout

I have a sunfire V240 but nobody seems to know the root password. I can get into ALOM but not console mode. Is there a hack or something that cn get me back into this system lo reload it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewsdwarfs
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script stops running the remaining checks after becoming admin

Hi all, I encountered a problem where my script stops running the remaining checks after becoming an admin that is written within the script. For example: ========================================= #!/bin/sh check 1 # Runs successfully check 2 # Runs successfully /com/bin/admin #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seanchew
1 Replies

4. AIX

script for finding all the users with GID 0 ( admin group )

Hi Friends, I am trying to write a script for finding all the users with the GID 0 i.e. Admin users. can you please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anoopraok
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send Email to a user when an admin kills process

Can anyone create or give me a script that I can use to email a user automatically when I kill one of their processes? Or Can you give me a script to allow me to email a user (entering email manually) when a process is killed? Like showing what the PID was and a reason the admin killed it? Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeGazz84
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to say goodbye to a fellow admin via Shell script.?

I have a good friend leaving my place of employment. He's an old greybeard. His first job was sorting punch cards. I'm serious. I'm looking for suggestions on a short shell script to write in his card to say good bye. Please be creative and obfusticating! have fun with it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies
PASSMASS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PASSMASS(1)

NAME
passmass - change password on multiple machines SYNOPSIS
passmass [ host1 host2 host3 ... ] INTRODUCTION
Passmass changes a password on multiple machines. If you have accounts on several machines that do not share password databases, Passmass can help you keep them all in sync. This, in turn, will make it easier to change them more frequently. When Passmass runs, it asks you for the old and new passwords. (If you are changing root passwords and have equivalencing, the old pass- word is not used and may be omitted.) Passmass understands the "usual" conventions. Additional arguments may be used for tuning. They affect all hosts which follow until another argument overrides it. For example, if you are known as "libes" on host1 and host2, but "don" on host3, you would say: passmass host1 host2 -user don host3 Arguments are: -user User whose password will be changed. By default, the current user is used. -rlogin Use rlogin to access host. (default) -slogin Use slogin to access host. -telnet Use telnet to access host. -program Next argument is a program to run to set the password. Default is "passwd". Other common choices are "yppasswd" and "set passwd" (e.g., VMS hosts). A program name such as "password fred" can be used to create entries for new accounts (when run as root). -prompt Next argument is a prompt suffix pattern. This allows the script to know when the shell is prompting. The default is "# " for root and "% " for non-root accounts. -timeout Next argument is the number of seconds to wait for responses. Default is 30 but some systems can be much slower logging in. -su Next argument is 1 or 0. If 1, you are additionally prompted for a root password which is used to su after logging in. root's password is changed rather than the user's. This is useful for hosts which do not allow root to log in. HOW TO USE
The best way to run Passmass is to put the command in a one-line shell script or alias. Whenever you get a new account on a new machine, add the appropriate arguments to the command. Then run it whenever you want to change your passwords on all the hosts. CAVEATS
Using the same password on multiple hosts carries risks. In particular, if the password can be stolen, then all of your accounts are at risk. Thus, you should not use Passmass in situations where your password is visible, such as across a network which hackers are known to eavesdrop. On the other hand, if you have enough accounts with different passwords, you may end up writing them down somewhere - and that can be a security problem. Funny story: my college roommate had an 11"x13" piece of paper on which he had listed accounts and passwords all across the Internet. This was several years worth of careful work and he carried it with him everywhere he went. Well one day, he forgot to remove it from his jeans, and we found a perfectly blank sheet of paper when we took out the wash the following day! SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 7 October 1993 PASSMASS(1)