Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers printing with ghostscript via cygwin Post 302076506 by maria_iris on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 09:46:21 PM
Old 06-13-2006
Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
postscript printing requires postscript drivers. Some printers do not support PS at all.

So, yes you need postscript and possibly some printer drivers on your PC.
i thought ghostscript allows you to print PS files in nonPS printers? so i should install ghostscript in my PC where i emulate unix?

thanks much!

Last edited by maria_iris; 06-14-2006 at 04:46 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl and ghostscript

Hi all I am using HPUX11.0 i want to install perl 5.6.0 and ghostscript 5.03.. can anyone help me to get it download from any free ftp or http link... i searched perl.com and ghostscript.com but in vain.... the procuct are to be installed with the above mentioned version... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript Question

I need to know how to convert 132 columns text file to Postcript by using ghostscript. What I want to do is to fax a 132 columns report (text file) with efax and I was told to use ghostscript to change the type and szie of font so the lines will not wrap. Thanks ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: falcon2460
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Ghostscript Errpr

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I hope there's someone who can help me with this error when running ghostscript/gs: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart (code) from gs Abort(coredump) I've managed to install Ghostscript 8.56 including all dependencies successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgail
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript

I am trying to use Ghostscript oin AIX to print pdf's and it seems I have downloaded it and all dependencys fine - install went fine, when I type any gs commnad except gs -h it just hangs..Here is what it says before the hang: GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13) Copyright (C) 1998 Aladdin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript on SCO 5.0.7

I am attempting to update to ghostscript version 8.54 on my SCO 5.0.7 box. When I run ./configure, I get the following error configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH Could someone please help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kberger82
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue when printing filename through cygwin using a variable with awk

Hi, If i were to do this an print out the file, it will show as it is in the command $ awk '/Privilege Use/ {P=0} /Object Access/ {P=1} P' AdvancedAudit.txt Object Access File System No Auditing Registry No Auditing Kernel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling ghostscript v 9.21

I ran configure, and then make, using the SCO 6.0.0 cc compiler. -bash-3.2# make UX:make: ERROR: bad character | (octal 174), line 277 (bu40)UX:make: ERROR: Mess age not found!! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies
GV(1)								   User Commands							     GV(1)

NAME
gv - Postscript and PDF viewer SYNOPSIS
gv [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
PostScript and PDF viewer. [-]-monochrome display document using only black and white [-]-grayscale display document without colors [-]-color display document as usual [-]-safer start ghostscript in safe mode [-]-nosafer do not start ghostscript in safe mode [-]-safedir start ghostscript from a safe diretory [-]-nosafedir do not start ghostscript from a safe diretory [-]-quiet start ghostscript with the -dQUIET option [-]-noquiet do not start ghostscript with the -dQUIET option [-]-infoSilent do not show any messages in the info popup window [-]-infoErrors do not show warning messages in the info popup window [-]-infoAll do show all messages in the info popup window [-]-arguments=ARGS start ghostscript with additional options as specified by the string ARGS [-]-page=LABEL display the page with label LABEL first [-]-center the page should be centered automatically [-]-nocenter the page should not be centered automatically [-]-media=MEDIA selects the paper size to be used [-]-orientation=ORIENTATION sets the orientation of the page [-]-scale=N|f.f selects the scale N, or arbitrary scale f.f [-]-scalebase=N selects the scale base N [-]-swap interchange the meaning of the orientations landscape and seascape [-]-noswap do not interchange the meaning of the orientation landscape and seascape [-]-antialias use antialiasing [-]-noantialias do not use antialiasing [-]-dsc dsc comments are respected [-]-nodsc dsc comments are not respected [-]-eof ignore the postscript EOF comment while scanning documents [-]-noeof do not ignore the postscript EOF comment while scanning documents [-]-pixmap use backing pixmap [-]-nopixmap do not use backing pixmap [-]-watch watch the document file for changes [-]-nowatch do not watch the document file for changes [-]-help print a help message and exit [-]-usage print a usage message and exit [-]-resize fit the size of the window to the size of the page [-]-noresize do not fit the size of the window to the size of the page -geometry [<width>][x<height>][{+-}<xoffset>{+-}<yoffset>] [-]-ad=FILE read and use additional resources from FILE [-]-style=FILE read and use additional resources from FILE. These resources have lower priority than those provided on the context of --ad [-]-password=PASSWORD Sets the password for opening encrypted PDF files [-]-spartan shortcut for --style=gv_spartan.dat [-]-widgetless shortcut for --style=gv_widgetless.dat [-]-fullscreen start in fullscreen mode (needs support from WM) [-]-presentation Presentation mode (fullscreen, Fit to window, widgetless and no resizing of window) [-]-version show gv version and exit SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gv is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gv programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info gv should give you access to the complete manual. gv 3.7.3 November 2011 GV(1)