Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers printing with ghostscript via cygwin Post 302076415 by maria_iris on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 03:29:08 AM
Old 06-13-2006
printing with ghostscript via cygwin

good day! =)

i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.. i just have a question actually.. you see, i have ghostscript installed in my solaris box.. i have cygwin in my pc which i use to emulate my unix.. my pc already has "Unix Print Services" installed as a system component.. but i still can't print a PS file to a network printer (which does not have a PS personality).. i thought that once i have installed ghostscript i would be able to print in the network printer.. printing ascii files poses no problems at all BTW.. so, do i have to install ghostscript in my pc? or i'm just wrong somewhere in the solaris side?

many thanks! =)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl and ghostscript

Hi all I am using HPUX11.0 i want to install perl 5.6.0 and ghostscript 5.03.. can anyone help me to get it download from any free ftp or http link... i searched perl.com and ghostscript.com but in vain.... the procuct are to be installed with the above mentioned version... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript Question

I need to know how to convert 132 columns text file to Postcript by using ghostscript. What I want to do is to fax a 132 columns report (text file) with efax and I was told to use ghostscript to change the type and szie of font so the lines will not wrap. Thanks ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: falcon2460
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Ghostscript Errpr

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I hope there's someone who can help me with this error when running ghostscript/gs: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart (code) from gs Abort(coredump) I've managed to install Ghostscript 8.56 including all dependencies successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgail
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript

I am trying to use Ghostscript oin AIX to print pdf's and it seems I have downloaded it and all dependencys fine - install went fine, when I type any gs commnad except gs -h it just hangs..Here is what it says before the hang: GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13) Copyright (C) 1998 Aladdin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript on SCO 5.0.7

I am attempting to update to ghostscript version 8.54 on my SCO 5.0.7 box. When I run ./configure, I get the following error configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH Could someone please help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kberger82
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue when printing filename through cygwin using a variable with awk

Hi, If i were to do this an print out the file, it will show as it is in the command $ awk '/Privilege Use/ {P=0} /Object Access/ {P=1} P' AdvancedAudit.txt Object Access File System No Auditing Registry No Auditing Kernel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling ghostscript v 9.21

I ran configure, and then make, using the SCO 6.0.0 cc compiler. -bash-3.2# make UX:make: ERROR: bad character | (octal 174), line 277 (bu40)UX:make: ERROR: Mess age not found!! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies
GV(1)								   User Commands							     GV(1)

NAME
gv - Postscript and PDF viewer SYNOPSIS
gv [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
PostScript and PDF viewer. [-]-monochrome display document using only black and white [-]-grayscale display document without colors [-]-color display document as usual [-]-safer start ghostscript in safe mode [-]-nosafer do not start ghostscript in safe mode [-]-safedir start ghostscript from a safe diretory [-]-nosafedir do not start ghostscript from a safe diretory [-]-quiet start ghostscript with the -dQUIET option [-]-noquiet do not start ghostscript with the -dQUIET option [-]-infoSilent do not show any messages in the info popup window [-]-infoErrors do not show warning messages in the info popup window [-]-infoAll do show all messages in the info popup window [-]-arguments=ARGS start ghostscript with additional options as specified by the string ARGS [-]-page=LABEL display the page with label LABEL first [-]-center the page should be centered automatically [-]-nocenter the page should not be centered automatically [-]-media=MEDIA selects the paper size to be used [-]-orientation=ORIENTATION sets the orientation of the page [-]-scale=N|f.f selects the scale N, or arbitrary scale f.f [-]-scalebase=N selects the scale base N [-]-swap interchange the meaning of the orientations landscape and seascape [-]-noswap do not interchange the meaning of the orientation landscape and seascape [-]-antialias use antialiasing [-]-noantialias do not use antialiasing [-]-dsc dsc comments are respected [-]-nodsc dsc comments are not respected [-]-eof ignore the postscript EOF comment while scanning documents [-]-noeof do not ignore the postscript EOF comment while scanning documents [-]-pixmap use backing pixmap [-]-nopixmap do not use backing pixmap [-]-watch watch the document file for changes [-]-nowatch do not watch the document file for changes [-]-help print a help message and exit [-]-usage print a usage message and exit [-]-resize fit the size of the window to the size of the page [-]-noresize do not fit the size of the window to the size of the page -geometry [<width>][x<height>][{+-}<xoffset>{+-}<yoffset>] [-]-ad=FILE read and use additional resources from FILE [-]-style=FILE read and use additional resources from FILE. These resources have lower priority than those provided on the context of --ad [-]-password=PASSWORD Sets the password for opening encrypted PDF files [-]-spartan shortcut for --style=gv_spartan.dat [-]-widgetless shortcut for --style=gv_widgetless.dat [-]-fullscreen start in fullscreen mode (needs support from WM) [-]-presentation Presentation mode (fullscreen, Fit to window, widgetless and no resizing of window) [-]-version show gv version and exit SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gv is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gv programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info gv should give you access to the complete manual. gv 3.7.3 November 2011 GV(1)