Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: transfer multiple file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers transfer multiple file Post 302076408 by ajay234 on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 03:02:56 AM
Old 06-13-2006
Bug Thanks

Thanks alot

Ajay

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer

hi all how do i copy a file from one server to another thanks bkan77 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Transfer Across Multiple Servers

Hello everyone, Have a question which I'm not entirely sure about, but will ask anyway. We have three servers (A/B/C), 'A' being the local host, 'B' being a SFTP server on the DMZ, and 'C' being the intended remote host. The task is to transfer file/s from server 'A' to server 'C' via server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer

Hi All, it might not be an sound question, i have two server like A and B.. i want to transfer file from B to A ..here i have some questions.. 1) do we need to create private and public key to connect..and transferring files...from B to A..? 2) i tried with scp options like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

5. Programming

File transfer in C

HI Can anyone provide me with codes for file transfer server to client or vice versa? Also please explain how to compile those programs in ubuntu terminal as i am totally new to socket programming. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayhemtrigger
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoiding file overwrite during file transfer using scp

Hi, I have written a small script to transfer a file from one unix server to other using scp command which is working fine. As I know with scp, if any file with the same name is already present on destination server, it would get overwritten without any notification to user. Could anyone help me... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsa
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer multiple different files in FTP

Hi All, i am doing ftp how can i transfer multiple different files example- 03-21-13 06:33AM 46800 CATT_HOURS.pgp 03-21-13 06:33AM 266392 CATT_TAX.txt 03-21-13 06:33AM 91448 CATT_STATUS.txt 03-21-13 06:33AM 468 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File transfer

When using FTP to transfer a file from IBM iSeries family of servers client to a non IBM Iseries family server, files might have characters appear in the wrong format Eg | in Iseries and while transferring fro Iseries system to Linux , but instead of | it is showing as ?. Please advise (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhainit
3 Replies
UNIVERSAL::require(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     UNIVERSAL::require(3)

NAME
UNIVERSAL::require - require() modules from a variable SYNOPSIS
# This only needs to be said once in your program. require UNIVERSAL::require; # Same as "require Some::Module" my $module = 'Some::Module'; $module->require or die $@; # Same as "use Some::Module" BEGIN { $module->use or die $@ } DESCRIPTION
If you've ever had to do this... eval "require $module"; to get around the bareword caveats on require(), this module is for you. It creates a universal require() class method that will work with every Perl module and its secure. So instead of doing some arcane eval() work, you can do this: $module->require; It doesn't save you much typing, but it'll make alot more sense to someone who's not a ninth level Perl acolyte. Methods require my $return_val = $module->require or die $@; my $return_val = $module->require($version) or die $@; This works exactly like Perl's require, except without the bareword restriction, and it doesn't die. Since require() is placed in the UNIVERSAL namespace, it will work on any module. You just have to use UNIVERSAL::require somewhere in your code. Should the module require fail, or not be a high enough $version, it will simply return false and not die. The error will be in $@ as well as $UNIVERSAL::require::ERROR. $module->require or die $@; use my $require_return = $module->use or die $@; my $require_return = $module->use(@imports) or die $@; Like "UNIVERSAL::require", this allows you to "use" a $module without having to eval to work around the bareword requirement. It returns the same as require. Should either the require or the import fail it will return false. The error will be in $@. If possible, call this inside a BEGIN block to emulate a normal "use" as closely as possible. BEGIN { $module->use } SECURITY NOTES
UNIVERSAL::require makes use of "eval STRING". In previous versions of UNIVERSAL::require it was discovered that one could craft a class name which would result in code being executed. This hole has been closed. The only variables now exposed to "eval STRING" are the caller's package, filename and line which are not tainted. UNIVERSAL::require is taint clean. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001, 2005 by Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Module::Load, "require" in perlfunc, <http://dev.perl.org/rfc/253.pod> perl v5.16.2 2009-03-30 UNIVERSAL::require(3)