Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swapping
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Swapping Post 302076289 by Esaia on Sunday 11th of June 2006 04:09:37 PM
Old 06-11-2006
It prints out 60.
I dont have any references if thats high or not Smilie

Regards. /Donnie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swapping questions

How can you tell how much a Solaris box is swapping? At what point do page in and page out become a problem? Here is a vmstat output. > vmstat procs memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr m0 m1 m2 m3 in sy cs us sy id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Paging and Swapping

Hi Guys: Would like to know how to check system swapping and paging and some theory on how they function. I am an oracle dba and my environment is 8171 on AIX 433. We have a 1GB of RAM on the box and I am educating myself to see how much more SGA can be accommodated on the box and what are the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get swapping info

Hi How can I determine if swapping is occuring on a server. Thanks, Leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swapping in VI editor

Hi, I am attempting to replace several similar words with another word in vi. Here is what I have written for the script: 3dTcat -prefix SuperBrik_4WAY_HRF ../JULY10_2007A/results2TENT/stats.JULY10_2007A+tlrc ../JULY10_2007G/results2TENT/stats.JULY10_2007G+tlrc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping three lines

I have some text: <date>some_date</date> <text>some_text</text> <name>some_name<name> and I want to transform it to smthng like that: some_name on some_date: some_text I've tried sed: sed 's/<text>\(.*\)<\/text> <name>\(.*\)<\/name>/\2 - \1/' but it says unterminated... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsjkvf
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

swapping the values of variable!

Hi All, newbie here, i'm just wondering how can i swap the two values of variables without using the third variable. Please advise, Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping of fields in file

Hi Friends , I have file1.txt 1|b|46|123|47673|348738 2|c|63|124|7346|4783 3|y|45|125|5555|78789 output should swap the 4th field to the first field. output 123|1|b|46|47673|348738 124|2|c|63|7346|4783 125|3|y|45|5555|78789 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping fields

Hallo Team, This is the command that i am running : grep ",Call Forward Not Reachable" *2013* this is the output that i am getting (i did a head -10 but the files can be more than 1000) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Swapping

Hi Guys I am using SPARC-T4 (chipid 0, clock 2998 MHz), SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-38 sun4v. How do I see if the server was doing some swapping like yesterday? I had a java application error with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, now I want to check if the server was not doing some swapping at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping lines

Hi there, I have a text that I'm trying to format into something more readable. However, I'm stuck in the last step. I've searched and tried things over the internet with no avail. OS: Mac After parsing the original text that I won't put here, I managed to get something like this, but this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kibou
8 Replies
Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats - Collect linux memory information. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats; my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats->new; my $stat = $lxs->get; DESCRIPTION
Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats gathers memory statistics from the virtual /proc filesystem (procfs). For more information read the documentation of the front-end module Sys::Statistics::Linux. MEMORY INFORMATIONS
Generated by /proc/meminfo. memused - Total size of used memory in kilobytes. memfree - Total size of free memory in kilobytes. memusedper - Total size of used memory in percent. memtotal - Total size of memory in kilobytes. buffers - Total size of buffers used from memory in kilobytes. cached - Total size of cached memory in kilobytes. realfree - Total size of memory is real free (memfree + buffers + cached). realfreeper - Total size of memory is real free in percent of total memory. swapused - Total size of swap space is used is kilobytes. swapfree - Total size of swap space is free in kilobytes. swapusedper - Total size of swap space is used in percent. swaptotal - Total size of swap space in kilobytes. swapcached - Memory that once was swapped out, is swapped back in but still also is in the swapfile. active - Memory that has been used more recently and usually not reclaimed unless absolutely necessary. inactive - Memory which has been less recently used and is more eligible to be reclaimed for other purposes. On earlier kernels (2.4) Inact_dirty + Inact_laundry + Inact_clean. The following statistics are only available by kernels from 2.6. slab - Total size of memory in kilobytes that used by kernel for data structure allocations. dirty - Total size of memory pages in kilobytes that waits to be written back to disk. mapped - Total size of memory in kilbytes that is mapped by devices or libraries with mmap. writeback - Total size of memory that was written back to disk. committed_as - The amount of memory presently allocated on the system. The following statistic is only available by kernels from 2.6.9. commitlimit - Total amount of memory currently available to be allocated on the system. METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new object. my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats->new; It's possible to set the path to the proc filesystem. Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats->new( files => { # This is the default path => '/proc', meminfo => 'meminfo', } ); get() Call "get()" to get the statistics. "get()" returns the statistics as a hash reference. my $stat = $lxs->get; EXPORTS
No exports. SEE ALSO
proc(5) REPORTING BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats(3pm)