Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running SQLPLUS from Shellscripting ... Post 302076101 by Perderabo on Thursday 8th of June 2006 06:32:24 PM
Old 06-08-2006
Please read our rules. In particular:

(10) Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply. The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script from sqlplus

I have a script which connects to different database servers using sqlplus. Is there a way by which I can run a shell command on that host from sqlplus? I know about 'host' command but it runs script on the local machine where the original script is running. Is there a way to run command on the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr123
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to shellscripting....need some help!

I have 3 shell scripts below.... I need to write a command line parser for these 3 utilities. basically the parser will accept ANY number of commands in this syntax -r = right -f = findtext -c = count so you do something like mu.s -r 3 4 5 -f hello goodbye.txt -c *.c -h 5 4 3 right... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TurboArkhan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error running sqlplus from shell file

I am running a shell file following script on bash shell in solaris 10 ( echo abc@orcl echo abc echo "set feedback off" echo "truncate table SIndexDataTypeHst1_changes;" ) | sqlplus -s but getting the following error ERROR: ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script

cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script but the shell script works fine from command line.. Cronjob: 5 * * * * /home/dreg/script.sh script.sh: #!/bin/ksh /oracle/u000/app/oracle/product/10204/GEN/bin/sqlplus -s <user>/<pass>@<sid/home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikea
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Oracle SqlPlus with Java in Kshells

Hello, This may not be the right place to ask for help for this problem but i might be because i'm using Java & SqlPlus in alot of Kshell scripts. Just to give a high level picture, i'm basically using Java to control each SqlPlus execute command, by reading a flat file that contains the run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQLPLUS Script in CRONTAB

Hi, Can someone please help me here with this one. This is my script: # more tosh.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh clear . /home/oracle/.profile echo "Good morning, world." export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1 export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin export ORACLE_SID=xxxx ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshpayal
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running sqlplus for 5 DB in a shell

Hi all, on AIX 6.1 I want to run the following but for 5 DB. How should I do that ? Using FOR, WHILE ???? How ? export ORACLE_SID=DB1 sqlplus / as sysdba << EOF whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; whenever oserror exit FAILURE set define off set head off set feedback off set echo off... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help required for Running SQLPLUS command from Bat file

Hello All, Good Afternoon. I am new to this platform and I need one small help regarding running a SQL file from Bat file. Below is what I am doing, 1. I placed the below command in one Bat file. start putty.exe -ssh user@host -pw pwd -m C:\2.txt 2. In 2.txt, I have below command. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)