Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX write syslog to windows share Post 302075887 by zuessh on Wednesday 7th of June 2006 11:04:04 AM
Old 06-07-2006
yes the syslog.log file exist on the share. Funny thing is I can touch/edit/ whatever to the syslog.log file from the AIX box. The next thought is a permissions issue, so we set the mode to 777 when mounting the share just to be sure. Now as any user I can manipulate files inside the share as i need, however the syslog still will not write to the share. Maybe something very simple is being overlooked?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Remote NTFS Share for Read/Write under Linux

I've done this in the past, but I didn't save the syntax. I'm still kicking myself about that... I am trying to mount \\server_name\share_name for read/write under CentOS 5.2 (a "generic" version of RedHat). As I recall, there was a fairly simple (maybe a oneline) command that would allow NTFS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

how to share with windows

i m using Linux Mint on my computer and i m the server of shared Internet connection with windows machines. Internet sharing is working well with all the machines but file sharing is not working well. I can access the shared folders of other system with windows machine the windows machines cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giri.nitp
1 Replies

3. AIX

Need help with Windows Share please

I have a windows 2003 server with services for unix installed I have create a folder c:\nfsshare and set it as an nfs share named nfsshare. now I am trying to mount it from my aix system using mount <server ip>:/nfsshare /mnt the filesystem mounts , but I cannot change into /mnt, I get a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Share windows and solaris

I want a share windows DVD rom to solaris OS. Is it posible? then give me answers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga499
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows printers share

Hello, My network environment is: The server is Linux, all the clients are win2000 professional, the PC names are(ws00201, ws00202,ws00203,ws00204,ws00205,ws00206,ws00207,ws00208,ws00209), I have 3 printers connected through USB to ws00201, ws00204,ws00207, I want ws00201,ws00202,ws00203... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truelyli
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Need to Share between Solaris 10 and Windows

Hello everyone, was looking to get some help. I am very new to Unix and need to join a Sun Ultra 24 workstation running SOLARIS 10 to a small Windows network for file sharing. The Windows Network is a closed network using a Dell server running Windows 2003 Server. The clients on the network... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sluggo
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

user can't write on cifs share but OK with Windows Explorer

Share ServerA ==== The Samba server is running on Samba version 3.0.22 based HP CIFS Server A.02.03.04 /opt/cifsclient/sbin/cifsclientd version: HP CIFS Client - Version A.02.02.02 smb file: My previous casw was thew user wasn't able to write to the share from Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX to access Windows share

Are there any special requirements/tools needed for a AIX server to see (copy data) a Windows share? Only need 1-way copy (Windows-to-AIX). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkb
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows Share

Hi guys I have some Windows Shares and I need to mount those shares on my Suse 10 SP3 I would like to know how to mount those? do I need to enable Samba? or is it just a simple mount command? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to write to a mounted NFS share

Hi All, I created a nfs share in the server(Solaris 10) with the following command and also updated the dfstab file share -F nfs -o rw=server_name2,anon=0 /to_share And then in the client(solaris 10) added the following command to mount the share mount -F nfs server_name1:/to_share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
4 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)