Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. Post 302075481 by napapanbkk on Saturday 3rd of June 2006 02:45:40 PM
Old 06-03-2006
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

Dear all,

I used debugger from C++ and these are the message I got:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb) info s
#0 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1 0x00794fa1 in operator delete () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#2 0x080d3934 in matvec::MIM::release (this=0xbfe8e710) at mim.cpp:49
#3 0x0805f57c in ~MIM (this=0xbfe8e710) at mim.h:120
#4 0x0805eedc in main () at analysis.cpp:199

I think the problem comes from "free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6" but I don't know what it means and how to fix it. Smilie I heard that "installing libc is not trivial". I am not sure if I have to install "libc".

Could somebody educate me what the error mean and how to fix it? I know very little about Linux but I am willing to learn.

Thank you for your help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.

I ran degugger in C++ and the followings are the message I got: Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (gdb) info s #0 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 #1 0x002e97f5 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
1 Replies

2. Programming

SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault

Here is my initiating code: #define NUM 20 static struct tab { int count; int use; } tab; int curtab = 0; int tab_create(int tab_count) { curtab++; tab.use = 1; tab.count = tab_count; kprintf("here!"); return curtab; } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: micmac700
2 Replies

3. AIX

Received signal #11, SIGSEGV [default] on AIX 6.1

Hello, One of our customer is getting segmentation fault when he runs his shell script which invokes our executable on AIX 6.1. On AIX 5.3, there were no issues. Here is the truss output. 811242: __loadx(0x0A040000, 0xF0D3A26C, 0x00000000, 0x00000009, 0x00000000) = 0xF026E884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
0 Replies

4. Programming

getting Segmentation Fault (core dumped) error but Program runs fine.

i am executing following program int main() { char str; FILE * fp; int i=0; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
4 Replies

5. Programming

Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”?

I am making a command line program in C using XCode. When running the program, it initially does what it is supposed to do (asks me for a file path). However, when I type in a valid and existing file path, it gives me the following error: Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdonova33
6 Replies

6. Programming

Why do I receive Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted?

Im using gdb and when a user disconnects from my server I receive a message Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. 0x7ffe0304 in ?? () I was hoping someone here might have a explination for this message in gdb (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
26 Replies

7. Programming

Segmentation fault in other systems C program

Hello everybody, I've been working on a program on my Linux box, after finished the code, i compile it with gcc -Wall option, so i can see what's wrong or unused. The Walll output shows nothing, so there are no loose ends on the program. I run the program on my system, and it works PERFECTLY.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
5 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies
USELIB(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 USELIB(2)

NAME
uselib - load shared library SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int uselib(const char *library); DESCRIPTION
The system call uselib() serves to load a shared library to be used by the calling process. It is given a pathname. The address where to load is found in the library itself. The library can have any recognized binary format. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
In addition to all of the error codes returned by open(2) and mmap(2), the following may also be returned: EACCES The library specified by library does not have read or execute permission, or the caller does not have search permission for one of the directories in the path prefix. (See also path_resolution(7).) ENFILE The system limit on the total number of open files has been reached. ENOEXEC The file specified by library is not an executable of known type, e.g., does not have the correct magic numbers. CONFORMING TO
uselib() is Linux-specific, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
uselib() was used by early libc startup code to load the shared libraries with names found in an array of names in the binary. Since libc 4.3.2, startup code tries to prefix these names with "/usr/lib", "/lib" and "" before giving up. In libc 4.3.4 and later these names are looked for in the directories found in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and if not found there, prefixes "/usr/lib", "/lib" and "/" are tried. From libc 4.4.4 on only the library "/lib/ld.so" is loaded, so that this dynamic library can load the remaining libraries needed (again using this call). This is also the state of affairs in libc5. glibc2 does not use this call. SEE ALSO
ar(1), gcc(1), ld(1), ldd(1), mmap(2), open(2), dlopen(3), capabilities(7), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2005-01-09 USELIB(2)