Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: courier-imap auth problem
Operating Systems HP-UX courier-imap auth problem Post 302075186 by efrenba on Wednesday 31st of May 2006 12:18:26 PM
Old 05-31-2006
Data courier-imap auth problem

Hi,

My box is freeBSD6 and I've installed courier-imap and I want to authenticate the clients against /etc/passwd file.

Inside the configuration file: /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/pop3d I've not these lines : Why?
AUTHMODULES="authdaemon"
AUTHMODULES_ORIG="authdaemon"

Nevertheless I tried with telnet 10.10.10.5 110 and I get this error:

May 31 11:39:24 gw pop3d: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: No such file or directory
May 31 11:39:24 gw pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, user=ppp, ip=[10.10.10.5]
May 31 11:39:24 gw pop3d: authentication error: No such file or directory

What do I miss?

Thanks...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH Problem auth problem

Hi, Just recently we seem to be getting the following error message relating to SSH when we run the UNIX script in background mode: warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation.^M warning: Authentication failed.^M Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budrito
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

netscape console auth problem

:( hi all , i have installed netscape console on my local pc to connect to webmail server using LDAP . when i try to login from my console i get an error "Http Exception: Response: Http/1.1 500 Server Error Status 500" i was told that i need to add my IP to the local.conf file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. Linux

pop3 and imap problem

Hi all I have a Redhat 8 box running sendmail-8.12.8-9.80. I use both imap and pop3 for clients to donwlaod mails. imap is used by some application related stuff. The users use opp3 to download their mails. The problem started a yesterday when 1 user complained that he was not able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

4. BSD

Courier-IMAP 4.1

I will be using postfix and courier-imap version 4.1. I never configured courier-imap. What configurations files do I have to configure and how do I start courier-imap. There isn't a authdaemonrc file in the courier-imap directorry. The files that are listed are imapd imap-ssl.dist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Courier-IMAP 4.1

I am running Freebsd 6.1, Postfix 2.2, and Courier-IMAP 4.1 I can telnet to port 143 I can't connect to IMAP server using microsoft outlook or any client. The authdaemon is running and working correctly I did netstat -an | grep -i list and it shows port 143 bound to the localhost 127.0.0.1. I can... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Courier IMAP to Dovecot Migration

Hi, I have done a very stupid thing. I have migrated from Courier IMAP and POP to Dovecot without reading about the migration process. ( I resolve not to repeat it again). Now it has been 2 weeks. Webmail seems to work fine. I have problems with POP3. POP3 clients don't remove messages from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmm
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Courier-IMAP

I am running Unbuntu Server. I have installed postfix and courie-imap. I cant seem to be able to login using imap. Login failed. I can telnet using imap. I have a valid user. Authdaemonrc is running using authpam which is the default. I am running atmail webclient. What else do I need to check? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Courier (authlib) and vacation

Hello, I want to use vacation autoreply with courier userdb Users is in "/etc/courier/userdb" I search on forum but dont find anything about (only found for local and mysql user) How to configure an user to use vacation (or other stuff) to make autoreply with userdb ? Plateform :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: safsound
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Courier-IMap

I am running postfix, courier-imap and Atmail Webmail client. I can telnet to port 143 I can send mail from the command line using the mail command to the user. When I try to login through webmail using the atmail client nothing happens. I check the the maillog and it shows the localhost address... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
pop3d::udb(n)						      Tcl POP3 Server Package						     pop3d::udb(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pop3d::udb - Simple user database for pop3d SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require pop3d::udb ?1.0.1? ::pop3d::udb::new ?dbName? dbName option ?arg arg ...? dbName destroy dbName add user pwd storage dbName remove user dbName rename user newName dbName lookup user dbName exists user dbName who dbName save ?file? dbName read file _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package pop3d::udb provides simple in memory databases which can be used in conjunction with the pop3 server core provided by the pack- age pop3d. The databases will use the names of users as keys and associates passwords and storage references with them. Objects created by this package can be directly used in the authentication callback of pop3 servers following the same interface as servers created by the package pop3d. ::pop3d::udb::new ?dbName? This command creates a new database object with an associated global Tcl command whose name is dbName. The command dbName may be used to invoke various operations on the database. It has the following general form: dbName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for database objects: dbName destroy Destroys the database object. dbName add user pwd storage Add a new user or changes the data of an existing user. Stores password and storage reference for the given user. dbName remove user Removes the specified user from the database. dbName rename user newName Changes the name of the specified user to newName. dbName lookup user Searches the database for the specified user and returns a two-element list containing the associated password and storage refer- ence, in this order. Throws an error if the user could not be found. This is the interface as expected by the authentication call- back of package pop3d. dbName exists user Returns true if the specified user is known to the database, else false. dbName who Returns a list of users known to the database. dbName save ?file? Saves the contents of the database into the given file. If the file is not specified the system will use the path last used in a call to dbName read. The generated file can be read by the read method. dbName read file Reads the specified file and adds the contained user definitions to the database. As the file is actually source'd a safe inter- preter is employed to safeguard against malicious code. This interpreter knows the add command for adding users and their associated data to this database. This command has the same argument signature as the method add. The path of the file is remembered internally so that it can be used in the next call of dbName save without an argument. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category pop3d of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
internet, network, pop3, protocol COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> pop3d 1.0.1 pop3d::udb(n)