Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tuning Unix server memory - HPUX11i Post 302075147 by thierryUX on Wednesday 31st of May 2006 04:25:57 AM
Old 05-31-2006
OK and thank you.
I will run wmstat -n 1 4 this afternoon when server load is more significant.
Il will post the result to you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO unix server performance tuning

Hello, Can someone share his experience with SCO unix server performance tuning? - how to make some performance analysis - how to tune up a server for better performance Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumuser7
0 Replies

2. AIX

TUNING: memory page sizes

This is post number 3 in a series of unanswered "TUNING" questions. :D With AIX 5.3 TL4, the page size can vary from the original "4k". They can now be "64k" and a couple other sizes. They also do not have to all be the same. Some can remain "4k" while others are "64k" which is what seems to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

4. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command for add 2 columns and remove 2 columns in unix/performance tuning

Hi all, I have created a script which adding two columns and removing two columns for all files. Filename: Cust_information_1200_201010.txt Source Data: "1","Cust information","123","106001","street","1-203 high street" "1","Cust information","124","105001","street","1-203 high street" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
0 Replies

7. AIX

UNIX/AIX Performance Tuning = some basics please

Hi all, From Googling, I found that the basics used for troubleshooting UNIX/AIX performance issues are commands like vmstat, iostat and sar. I believe these are generic commands regardless of what UNIX flavour is in used, only difference being is the format of the output. In a real case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 memory tuning

Greetings, i'm wondering if there is a way to determine minimum memory requirement for AIX kernel and OS functions? We use memdetails script from perfpmr package to see actual memory allocation, for example like this: ===========================================================================... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzodzo
5 Replies
Net::LDAP::Message(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::LDAP::Message(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Message - Message response from LDAP server SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; DESCRIPTION
Net::LDAP::Message is a base class for the objects returned by the Net::LDAP methods abandon, add, bind, compare, delete, modify, moddn, search and unbind. The sub-class Net::LDAP::Search returned by search also defines many methods. If the Net::LDAP object is in async mode then all these methods, except "done" and "mesg_id", will cause a wait until the request is completed. METHODS
code ( ) The code value in the result message from the server. Normally for a success zero will be returned. Constants for the result codes can be imported from the Net::LDAP or Net::LDAP::Constant module. control ( ) Return a list of controls that were returned from the server. control ( OID, ... ) Return a list of controls with the given OIDs that were returned from the server. dn ( ) The DN in the result message from the server. done ( ) Returns true if the request has been completed. error ( ) Returns the error message in the result message from the server. If the server did not include an error message, then the result of ldap_error_desc with the error code from the result message. error_name ( ) Returns the name of the error code in the result message from the server. See ldap_error_name for a detailed description of the return value. error_text ( ) Returns the short text description of the error code in the result message from the server. See ldap_error_text for a detailed description of the return value. error_desc ( ) Returns a long text description of the error code in the result message from the server. See ldap_error_desc for a detailed description of the return value. is_error ( ) Returns true if the result code is considered to be an error for the operation. mesg_id ( ) The message id of the request message sent to the server. referrals ( ) Returns a list of referrals from the result message. server_error ( ) The error message returned by the server, or "undef" if the server did not provide a message. sync ( ) Wait for the server to complete the request. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Search, Net::LDAP::Constant, Net::LDAP::Util ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This document is based on a document originally written by Russell Fulton <r.fulton@auckland.ac.nz>. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Message(3)