Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep, count and match two files Post 302075044 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 30th of May 2006 02:38:57 AM
Old 05-30-2006
try this one,
much simpler one :::

Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh

index=1
tmp=1

for val in `sed 's/^.*  //' d.txt`
do
  if [ $tmp -eq 1 ]
  then
     fruit[$index]=$val
     cnt[$index]=0
     tmp=$(($tmp + 1))
  fi
  temp=1
  while [ $temp -le $index ]
  do
     if [ ${fruit[$temp]} = $val ]
     then
        cnt[$temp]=$((${cnt[$temp]} + 1))
        break
     fi
     temp=$(($temp + 1))
  done
if [ $temp -gt $index ]
  then
     index=$(($index + 1))
     fruit[$index]=$val
     cnt[$index]=$((${cnt[$index]} + 1))
  fi
done
awk '{print $2, $3}' s.txt | while read first second
do
temp=1
while [ $temp -le $index ]
do
  if [ ${fruit[$temp]} = $first ]
  then
     if [ cnt[$temp] -eq $second ]
     then
        print ${fruit[$temp]} ${cnt[$temp]}
        break
     else
        exit 1
     fi
  fi
  temp=$(($temp + 1))
done
if [ $temp -gt $index ]
then
exit 1
fi
done

exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep count across multiple files

I have a number of simulation log files and I want to get a total count of the "PASSED" expression in them. If I use grep -c <files>, grep would give a tally for each file. I just want one number, the total count. How do I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CrunchMunch
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and count number of lines that match

Hello all, I always found help for my problems using the search option, but this time my request is too specific. I have two files that I want to compare. File1 is the index and File2 contains the data: File1: chr1 protein_coding exon 500 600 . + . gene_id "20532";... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string from logs of last 1 hour on files of 2 different servers and calculate count

Hi, I am trying to grep a particular string from the files of 2 different servers without copying and calculate the total count of its occurence on both files. File structure is same on both servers and for reference as follows: 27-Aug-2010... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep bunch of gzip files to count based on category

Started using unix commands recently. I have 50 gzip files. I want to grep each of these files for a line count based particular category in column 3. How can I do that? For example Sr.No Date City Description Code Address 1 06/09 NY living here 0909 10st st nyc 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinxx
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - match files containing minimum number of pattern matches

I want to search a bunch of files and list only those containing a minimum number of pattern matches. So if I want to identify files containing 3 (or more) instances of the pattern "said:" and I have file1 that contains the lines: He said: She said: and file2 that contains the lines: He... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match using grep between two files

Hello Everyone , I have two files. I want to pick line from file-1 and match with the complete data in file-2 , if there is a match print all the match lines in file 3. Below is the file cat test1.txt vikas vikasjain j ain testt douknow hello@vik@ # 33 ||@@ vcpzxcmvhvdsh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailvkjain
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Grep multiple files and display first match

I have a need to grep a large number of files, but only display the first result from each file. I have tried to use grep, but am not limited to it. I can use perl and awk as well. Please help! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbiggied
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Files with and without match

Hi There, How do i finding files with match and without match Normally, I will use grep -l 'Hello' grep -L 'Hello World' How do we combined (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count the number of files to delete doesnt match

Good evening, need your help please Need to delete certain files before octobre 1 2016, so need to know how many files im going to delete, for instance ls -lrt file_20160*.lis!wc -l but using grep -c to another file called bplist which contains the list of all files backed up doesn match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
7 Replies
MAXDB_STMT_ERRNO(3)							 1						       MAXDB_STMT_ERRNO(3)

maxdb_stmt_errno - Returns the error code for the most recent statement call

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
int maxdb_stmt_errno (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style int$maxdb_stmt->errno () For the statement specified by stmt, maxdb_stmt_errno(3) returns the error code for the most recently invoked statement function that can succeed or fail. Note For possible error codes see documentation of SQLDBC: http://maxdb.sap.com/documentation/. RETURN VALUES
An error code value. Zero means no error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php /* Open a connection */ $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } $maxdb->query("CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); $maxdb->query("INSERT INTO temp.mycity SELECT * FROM hotel.city"); $query = "SELECT name, zip FROM temp.mycity ORDER BY name"; if ($stmt = $maxdb->prepare($query)) { /* drop table */ $maxdb->query("DROP TABLE temp.mycity"); /* execute query */ $stmt->execute(); printf("Error: %d. ", $stmt->errno); /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php /* Open a connection */ $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } maxdb_query($link, "CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); maxdb_query($link, "INSERT INTO temp.mycity SELECT * FROM hotel.city"); $query = "SELECT name, zip FROM temp.mycity ORDER BY name"; if ($stmt = maxdb_prepare($link, $query)) { /* drop table */ maxdb_query($link, "DROP TABLE temp.mycity"); /* execute query */ maxdb_stmt_execute($stmt); printf("Error: %d. ", maxdb_stmt_errno($stmt)); /* close statement */ maxdb_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Warning: maxdb_stmt_execute(): -4004 POS(23) Unknown table name:MYCITY [42000] <...> Error: -4004. SEE ALSO
maxdb_stmt_error(3), maxdb_stmt_sqlstate(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_STMT_ERRNO(3)