Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Eclipse launch question
Operating Systems Solaris Eclipse launch question Post 302074943 by cbkihong on Sunday 28th of May 2006 09:22:12 PM
Old 05-28-2006
Usually you do not have to append any parameters to the "eclipse" command. At least with Eclipse 3.1, if you do not have any parameters passed in, a dialog box will appear asking you where you would like your workspace created. In the past you need that parameter or the default, which is the current directory, will always be used.

Of course, set JAVA_HOME to your java base directory should help with finding the JVM. Otherwise, I don't think you need any more parameters (there are some parameters which control the maximum RAM the JVM runs on, for instance, but if they are absent you should still be able to run eclipse.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

related to Eclipse

I wanted to install similar automake & friends that exist in kdevelop in Eclipse also. There is a project related to this here and the plugins are at Download section. If everyone did it or might do it in the future, I am interested to know how ! If there is somebody else that has another option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihk
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to link CVS to eclipse...?

Hi All, can any body help me out on conecting CVS to eclipse. Thanks in advance KUSHAGRA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushagrak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to launch Eclipse in Solaris 10

Hi people, i just installed Eclipse on my Solaris terminal and i can't seem to run it. Currently i am using the SSH Client software to go to my Unix console.I tried to run the command "eclipse -vm <path of java hre>" as directed however i still can't run the application. My Command prompt is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
5 Replies

4. Programming

eclipse console

I have a C program which ends when user types ctrl-c. this program works fine from terminal but when i launch it from eclipse i can't terminate it correctly with ctrl-c because the console does not read the ctrl-c input command. Can anyone help me?? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
3 Replies

5. Programming

debug with eclipse

Hi, i' m using eclipse 3.2.2 on ubuntu. When i debug a program (C language) i cannot see any variable in the variables view. From the console (debug perspective) i can see the message: no source file named class.c. What is the problem??? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Eclipse 3.1 on HP-UX 11i

Hey guys how do you run eclipse on HP-UX 11i? there's a startup.jar and an eclipse file ( which is not an executable ) I get different errors try to run the jar file with different java versions. I have all the possible java vm's installed. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Eclipse for Solaris

i am trying to install weblogic 10.3 but for some component need eclipse from where i can download eclipse and how to install it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
2 Replies

8. Programming

Eclipse C - Launch Failed. Binary Not found

Hi guys. I installed eclipse now and run "Hello World" program in C. but it gives me Launch Failed. Binary Not foundi searched in forums that say: set proper binary parser. mine is set to GNU Elf parser. could anyone help? My eclipse version is: Version: 3.6.1 Build id:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

9. Programming

Eclipse RCP Book

Hi guys I want to start studding Eclipse RCP with this book Eclipse Rich Client Platform (2nd Edition) from Addison-Wesley Professional the second edition released in May 2010. Some guys in amazon commented that the book is deprecated because eclipse 3.7 is out and the book is talking about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Eclipse for Solaris 11

I downloaded eclipse for x86. However when I try to start it I get the following:- ld.so.1: eclipse: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/firefox//libxul.so: symbol __1cHmozillaJHashBytes6FpkvI_I_: referenced symbol not found Killed This file libxul.so is in /usr/lib/firefox. How do I get my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
6 Replies
wbemconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    wbemconfig(1M)

NAME
wbemconfig - convert a JavaSpaces datastore to the newer Reliable Log datastore format SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/lib/wbem/wbemconfig convert DESCRIPTION
A Reliable Log directory is created that contains the converted data. This directory is named /var/sadm/wbem/logr. The convert argument is the only supported option of this command. You should only run this command after stopping WBEM (CIM Object Man- ager) with the init.wbem stop command. Otherwise your data may be corrupted. This command successfully converts any proprietary custom MOFs you have created in the datastore, but not any CIM or Solaris MOFs you have modified. These will be destroyed. To recompile any modified CIM or Solaris MOFs into the new datastore, run the mofcomp command on the MOF files containing the class definitions. Because the wbemconfig convert command invokes the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) to perform conversion of the JavaSpaces datastore, you must be running the same version of the JVM as when the original JavaSpaces storage was created. After the wbemconfig convert command is com- pleted, you can change to any version of the JVM you want. To see what version of the JVM you are running, issue the java -version command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: convert Convert a JavaSpaces datastore to the newer Reliable Log datastore format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbcou | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
init.wbem(1M), wbemadmin(1M), wbemlogviewer(1M), mofcomp(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Aug 2000 wbemconfig(1M)