Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed with strings of nonprintable characters Post 302074734 by rajeeb_d on Thursday 25th of May 2006 01:23:31 PM
Old 05-25-2006
Try this

awk '{gsub(/@@;@@/,",");gsub(/@@\^@@/,"\n");printf("%s\n",$0)}' <filename>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

matching characters between strings

please send the logic or program to find the matching characters between two strings for ex string1 :abc string2 :adc no .of matching characters is 2(a,c) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: akmtcs
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove strings of lowercase characters (with minimum length requirement)

Hi all, I want to delete all lowercase characters from my file, but only strings of length 7 and more. For example, how can I go from: JHGEFigeIGDUIirfyfiyhgfoiyfKJHGuioyrDHG To: JHGEFigeIGDUIKJHGuioyrDHG There should be a trick to add to sed 's///g', but I can't figure it out.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbuzzo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: remove characters between and including 2 strings

I have the following line: 4/23/2010 0:00:38.000: Copying $$3MSYDDC02$I would like to use sed (or similiar) to remove everthing between and including $ that appears in the line so it ends up like this. 4/23/2010 0:00:38.000: Copying 3MSYDDC02I have been trying these but i'm really just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and remove special characters or strings

Hello all I am getting data like col1 | col2 | col3 asdafa | asdfasfa | asf*&^sgê 345./ |sdfasd23425^%^&^ | sdfsa23 êsfsfd | sf(* | sdfsasf My requirement is like I have to to read the file and remove all special characters and hex characters ranging form 00-1f from 1st column, remove %"'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding specific series of strings or characters

After spending sometime playing around with my script I just cannot get it to do what I want. So I decided to ask. My file looks something like this: I am using the following code to extract sequences that contain dashes awk '/^>/{id=$0;next}{if (match($1,"-")) print id "\n" $0}' infile ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return error if - or certain characters are present in a list of strings

I have a list of strings, for example: set strLst = "file1 file2 file3 file4" I want to log an error if some of the fields happen to begin with -, or have characters like ; : ' , ? ] { = Which means for example setting set ierr = 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Strings between 2 characters in a file

Hi All, Assuming i have got a file test.dat which has contains as follows: Unix = abc def fgt jug 111 2222 3333 Linux = gggg pppp qqq C# = ccc ffff llll I would like to traverse through the file, get the 1st occurance of "=" and then need to get the sting... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings between 2 characters

Hi I have a wired string pattern ( mongo output) which I need to convert to only values. "_id" : ObjectId("59280d9b95385c78b73252e4"), "categorySetId" : NumberLong(1100000041), "categorySetName" : "PROD GROUP", "serviceableProductFlag" : "N", "categoryId" : NumberLong(1053), "pid" :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhayman
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed

I have this fastq file: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGGGGGGGGGGGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCA +test-1 GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGFF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)