Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sql insert command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sql insert command Post 302074071 by tmarikle on Friday 19th of May 2006 11:56:24 AM
Old 05-19-2006
Code:
a='abc'
b='def'
sqlplus -s / <<EOF
    select '${a}', '${b}' from dual;
EOF

Last edited by tmarikle; 05-19-2006 at 01:07 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to Auto Insert SQL to DB

Hi People.. This is driving me mad. I have approx 100 files received daily, normally in 5 min intervals in the format of.. ******-logfile.sql These are auto uploaded to a folder on server called filelist The format of each file is as follows. DELETE FROM `webuserdata` WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OkiesPlace
0 Replies

2. Web Development

SQL Select inside Insert

I have following. . . . $userid = 2 . $query = "select username from users where userid = ".$userid.";"; . $username = $line; $data="Some Data Here"; . $query = "insert into logger (username, data) valuse ($username, $data);"; . I would like to not have 2 database calls. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

3. Programming

SQL : Fine tune Insert by query

i would like to know how can i fine tune the following query since the cost of the query is too high .. insert into temp temp_1 select a,b,c,d from xxxx .. database used is IDS.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

4. SuSE

Syslog-ng 3.0.7 fails to insert into microsoft sql server

Dear All, Im currently configuring syslog-ng on SUSE Linux 10 SP2 to communicate with microsoft sql server 2005. I have installed freeTds 8.0. Tested TSQL ..works fine ISQL works fine. when testing with syslog-ng destination d_mssql { sql(type(mssql) host("ip address")... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemEng
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Insert data into sql queries from a file

Hello friends, I need to insert data from a file to another. I need this to form an sql query file which will consist of 50.000 INSERT INTO sentences. my sql query file will consist of 50.000 times the below line consecutively: insert into subscriber... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert file into sql insert stmt

My file is now cleaned, sanitized & prepped: 07/07/2008 21:18:51 Installation 52016 complete *BUT NOTHING CHANGED* 07/21/2008 15:28:15 Removal 52016 complete 07/21/2008 15:34:15 Removal 55856 complete 12/08/2009 19:30:40 Installation 62323 complete 12/08/2009 19:39:06 Installation ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
6 Replies

7. Programming

[SQL] Insert content file to mysql

dear all, i want to insert string in file to mysql i just want how to do that cause i am poor in sql languages ... so this file like this DATA.txt doni|student|westjava|123412|lombok| iwan|student|westjava|1234412|utankayu| rio|student|westjava|12342|cempedak| so i want insert DATA.txt to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert variable date (monthly) from SQL script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable to an sql scipt? Basically I want to generate data on monthly (i.e. July 01, 2011 to July 31, 2011) basis. As shown below.. set head off; set linesize 300; set pagesize 200; spool /opt/oracle/temp/output.txt select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinpe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

From sql Insert Query to XML format

Hi How do I translate Let say Cat inserts.sql gives Insert into PM9_TAXATION_ROUNDING (STATE_GECODE, TAX_TYPE, TAX_AUTHORITY, SYS_CREATION_DATE, SYS_UPDATE_DATE, APPLICATION_ID, DL_SERVICE_CODE, ROUNDING_METHOD) Values ('xx', 'xx', 'x', TO_DATE('10/26/2012 13:01:20',... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj87in
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
subst(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  subst(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
subst - Perform backslash, command, and variable substitutions SYNOPSIS
subst ?-nobackslashes? ?-nocommands? ?-novariables? string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command performs variable substitutions, command substitutions, and backslash substitutions on its string argument and returns the fully-substituted result. The substitutions are performed in exactly the same way as for Tcl commands. As a result, the string argument is actually substituted twice, once by the Tcl parser in the usual fashion for Tcl commands, and again by the subst command. If any of the -nobackslashes, -nocommands, or -novariables are specified, then the corresponding substitutions are not performed. For example, if -nocommands is specified, command substitution is not performed: open and close brackets are treated as ordinary characters with no special interpretation. Note that the substitution of one kind can include substitution of other kinds. For example, even when the -novariables option is speci- fied, command substitution is performed without restriction. This means that any variable substitution necessary to complete the command substitution will still take place. Likewise, any command substitution necessary to complete a variable substitution will take place, even when -nocommands is specified. See the EXAMPLES below. If an error occurs during substitution, then subst will return that error. If a break exception occurs during command or variable substi- tution, the result of the whole substitution will be the string (as substituted) up to the start of the substitution that raised the excep- tion. If a continue exception occurs during the evaluation of a command or variable substitution, an empty string will be substituted for that entire command or variable substitution (as long as it is well-formed Tcl.) If a return exception occurs, or any other return code is returned during command or variable substitution, then the returned value is substituted for that substitution. See the EXAMPLES below. In this way, all exceptional return codes are "caught" by subst. The subst command itself will either return an error, or will complete successfully. EXAMPLES
When it performs its substitutions, subst does not give any special treatment to double quotes or curly braces (except within command sub- stitutions) so the script set a 44 subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {44}", not "xyz {$a}" and the script set a "p} q {r" subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {p} q {r}", not "xyz {p} q {r}". When command substitution is performed, it includes any variable substitution necessary to evaluate the script. set a 44 subst -novariables {$a [format $a]} returns "$a 44", not "$a $a". Similarly, when variable substitution is performed, it includes any command substitution necessary to retrieve the value of the variable. proc b {} {return c} array set a {c c [b] tricky} subst -nocommands {[b] $a([b])} returns "[b] c", not "[b] tricky". The continue and break exceptions allow command substitutions to prevent substitution of the rest of the command substitution and the rest of string respectively, giving script authors more options when processing text using subst. For example, the script subst {abc,[break],def} returns "abc,", not "abc,,def" and the script subst {abc,[continue;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,,def", not "abc,3,def". Other exceptional return codes substitute the returned value subst {abc,[return foo;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def" and subst {abc,[return -code 10 foo;expr {1+2}],def} also returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def". SEE ALSO
Tcl(n), eval(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
backslash substitution, command substitution, variable substitution Tcl 7.4 subst(n)