Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Commands?
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Commands? Post 302073947 by azrealhk on Thursday 18th of May 2006 10:14:51 PM
Old 05-18-2006
Thanks for making my day.

Just to say, you're not going to get any answers here.
people who answer questions here, probably spend administering UNIX systems everyday, and a very fustrating part of their work would be to clean up the mess after inexperience users accidentally messing up the systems.

BTW, I don't think there is anything "cool" you can do on UNIX

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Memory commands

I am using Sun Solaris 8 and would like to know if there's a command that allows me to to find out the total memory used and what kernel size in memory is. Also, would I be able to find out what size a semaphore is in memory? Thanx in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_smith
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iscsi commands iscsiadm solaris 10

I'm running solaris 10 and this packages is installed SUNWiscsir - Sun iSCSI Device Driver (root) SUNWiscsiu - Sun iSCSI Management Utilities (usr) But the commands iscsiadm or iscsitadm dont work. He are not in my system. Do you know the problem. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simonquest
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun solaris unix commands

hi friends, I am working in Sun solaris unix 10 with shell commands and all these works properly. Then i created a small function which includes these commands. Now the problem arises. When the commands are run by calling this fuction.it shows error. Why i am not able to run the unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjithin
1 Replies

4. Linux

Will solaris commands work on linux machine

Earlier we are using solaris machine to run our script which is having korn shell. Due to decommision of that machine we have to switch to Linux machine which is also having korn shell. Do the commands on solaris machine will also work on linux machine or should i have to change any thing? One... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanapart
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Looking for the top Solaris specific commands

I am changing jobs and need to know a little about Solaris specific commands. I come from AIX and we have commands like errpt, smit, and lsattr that are AIX specific. Any help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: biznatch
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Unresponsive Commands in Solaris 10

I'm currently running Solaris 10 on Sun V890 server. However recently some commands are running and some are not. Pressing the "ENTER" key after each CLI entry, it just stays there like it's frozen. Hitting the "ENTER" doesn't advance the cursor to the next line. I had to reboot the server, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fetch the commands at solaris system

:wall:i'm system administrator. now i have a trouble. i want to fetch the command which the login users performed by shell.but i don't know how to process this problem.if anyone tell me how to do this work I would be very grateful.thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anline5104
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Which are the sparc only solaris 10 commands?

Please tell me the SPARC only solaris 10 commands for user and admin level. Only the commands which work on SPARC based solaris 10, not x86 solaris. Is there any list or doc? Not looking for nvram kind of system health/status checker. Thanks. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Baisc commands in Solaris 10 not found

I just installed Solaris 10 on my virtual machine. firstly I want to complie a c program using gcc but "the gcc is not found" so I looked for a way and try to install the gcc and I tried the following command pkg install gcc-45 but however, the "pkg is not found as well" I also tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberts123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable and cp commands (Solaris 10)

Hi All, using a product to deploy this script to Solaris 10 servers.....package is downloaded to /tmp and then run to install the files.....Any ideas why script below would fail with the following output? Output: ./installer.sh PCN0087 making directory /data/PCN/pcn087 cp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: purct
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)