Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to remove 15days back old files Post 302073907 by am-n-pm on Thursday 18th of May 2006 01:41:24 PM
Old 05-18-2006
transfer of Unix to another hard drive Ver. 3.2

I running out of space on my hard drive, I need to transfer the os to another HD or delete some files too try to free space. what commands can I use to do this and to delete some files.

Andrew

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bring back removed files

Dear People I have removed some of my files and directories( by using rm and rmdir commands) by mistake. I wish to bring them back. How is it possible?( I am using solaris 2.6) best regards Reza Nazarian:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Back up of multiple data files

I have filesi in a direcotry that start with different names but have dates in the format 01212006. Along with these files there are also files with different dates. What i want to do is copy all the files that have 01212006 in them to 01072007 and move the old files to different directory. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get my files back..

hi all using unix (hp-ux) i created patches Directory under /tmp ... inside the /tmp, i fired these commands: # mv patch_file1 /patches # mv patch_file2 /patches there was no error then i realized that this command will move the files to patches Dir on the root which was NOT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Back up of recent modified files

Hi, I want to identify the files that are recently modified or with in a specified period (15 Days) in UNIX box. After identifying the files should be transferred to windows machine through FTP. The files should be overwritten in windows if it is already available. Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathish
1 Replies

5. Linux

Logrotate every 15days

Hi all, I have been asked to configure logrotate for a perticular log file for every 15 days. I do not find options other than weekly or monthly.Need you expertise on the same:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX: Find a process older than 15days

Hi All, My application has specific processes when the developers start using respective GUI . I would like to find related process on server side that is older than 15 days for my application. I am using AIX 6.0. Could you please help with the command on how to find the older process? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Back up log files using tar

Hi, I need some help writing a perl script to tar all log file to a directory and then delete the log files. Can some one please help me on this? I m Not very good with perl scripting... Thanks KK (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikk0508
4 Replies
tunefs(1M)						  System Administration Commands						tunefs(1M)

NAME
tunefs - tune an existing UFS file system SYNOPSIS
tunefs [-a maxcontig] [-d rotdelay] [-e maxbpg] [-m minfree] [-o space | time] special | filesystem DESCRIPTION
tunefs is designed to change the dynamic parameters of a file system that affect the layout policies. When using tunefs with filesystem, filesystem must be in /etc/vfstab. The parameters that can be changed are indicated by the options given below. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a maxcontig The maximum number of logical blocks, belonging to one file, that is allocated contiguously. The default is calculated as follows: maxcontig = disk drive maximum transfer size / disk block size If the disk drive's maximum transfer size cannot be determined, the default value for maxcontig is calculated from kernel parameters as follows: If maxphys is less than ufs_maxmaxphys, which is 1 Mbyte, then maxcontig is set to maxphys. Otherwise, maxcontig is set to ufs_maxmax- phys. You can set maxcontig to any positive integer value. The actual value will be the lesser of what has been specified and what the hardware supports. -d rotdelay This parameter is obsolete as of the Solaris 10 release. The value is always set to 0, regardless of the input value. -e maxbpg Indicates the maximum number of contiguous logical blocks any single file can allocate from a cylinder group before it is forced to begin allocating blocks from another cylinder group. Typically this value is set to approximately one quarter of the total contiguous logical blocks in a cylinder group. The intent is to prevent any single file from using up all the blocks in a single cylinder group, thus degrading access times for all files subsequently allocated in that cylinder group. The effect of this limit is to cause big files to do long seeks more frequently than if they were allowed to allocate all the blocks in a cylinder group before seeking elsewhere. For file systems with exclusively large files, this parameter should be set higher. -m minfree Specifies the minimum free space threshold, or the percentage of space held back from normal users. This value can be set to 0. How- ever, up to a factor of three in throughput will be lost over the performance obtained at a 10% threshold. Note: If the value is raised above the current usage level, users will be unable to allocate files until enough files have been deleted to get under the higher threshold. -o space|time The file system can either be instructed to try to minimize the time spent allocating blocks, or to try to minimize the space fragmen- tation on the disk. The default is time. Generally, you should optimize for time unless the file system is over 90% full. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of tunefs when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkfs_ufs(1M), newfs(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Dec 2003 tunefs(1M)