Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming about undefined reference for 'sinf' Post 302073418 by Perderabo on Friday 12th of May 2006 08:06:35 PM
Old 05-12-2006
Try adding -lm option when you link.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Undefined reference to Error

Hello, plz help me out with this error, i am getting this error when i compile my code with gcc. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In function `_start': : undefined reference to `main' /tmp/cciLxqdV.o(.text+0x3c): In function `HandleUserTransaction()':... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

2. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi I wanted to learn communication between threads and I used a simple example but I faced with this error while I have a sofware that uses this functions without any problem so would you please help me to know the reason thanks for your help and great favor. #include <pthread.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netman
2 Replies

3. Programming

undefined reference to `__ctype_b'

when i compile my program, i meet the following error: ... undefined reference to `__ctype_b' ... anybody knows which shared library should be linked during make? thanks a lot! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
6 Replies

4. Programming

undefined reference to `__udivdi3@GCC_3.0'

While I made something, I get following message. --------------------------------------------- undefined reference to `__udivdi3@GCC_3.0' --------------------------------------------- Is '__udivdi3@GCC_3.0' a name of function ? if not, what does '@GCC_3.0' mean ? I want to make and link a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcliff
1 Replies

5. Programming

undefined reference to 'function'

Hi, i want to compile a code where fortran calls c . First I compiled C module ,it has pass by gcc. However, after generating .o file. I compiled C and fortran files together by intel fortran and it failed " undefined reference to 'vicerror'". vicerror is a function. I do not know why. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinhsu
1 Replies

6. Programming

undefined reference to pthread_create

I try to compile a sample c code in fedora eclipse 3.2 as managed makefile using pthread library,it shows some error on pthread functions.Error is of undefined reference to pthread.Anybody guide me to solve this problem. Thanking you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
1 Replies

7. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi guys. H was learning posix threads in C with anjuta IDE. it gives me undefined reference to `pthread_create' I know i should compile it like: gcc -lpthread main.c how should i import this configuration in anjuta so i can compile inside it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

undefined reference help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: i know when undefined reference shows up the program is saying it is not link to that function but the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

undefined reference help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The problem is a function which i typed although it kept saying that it is a undefined reference still. other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies
ceil(3M)						  Mathematical Library Functions						  ceil(3M)

NAME
ceil, ceilf, ceill - ceiling value function SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lm [ library... ] #include <math.h> double ceil(double x); float ceilf(float x); long double ceill(long double x); DESCRIPTION
These functions compute the smallest integral value not less than x. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the ceil(), ceilf(), and ceill() functions return the smallest integral value not less than x, expressed as a type double, float, or long double, respectively. If x is NaN, a NaN is returned. If x is +-0 or +-Inf, x is returned. USAGE
The integral value returned by these functions need not be expressible as an int or long int. The return value should be tested before assigning it to an integer type to avoid the undefined results of an integer overflow. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
feclearexcept(3M), fetestexcept(3M), floor(3M), isnan(3M), math.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Nov 2003 ceil(3M)