Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris pleaseee help with unusual crontab problem Post 302073063 by amon on Wednesday 10th of May 2006 02:09:44 AM
Old 05-10-2006
Again me...My script works perfect and when I add it in crontab...it reports stupid error that one file that script uses does not exist...

As I said script works perfect and if I put it in crontab it does not work...

any ideas??

Cheers,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

somewhat unusual top output problem

i'm a relative newbie to unix (i'm on OSX) and i have a specific problem i'm tripped up on: i'm piping the output of top (in log format) into an awk command which formats the information (and eventually will send it out continuously via udp/osc to another app). my problem is with what comes up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohhmyhead
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Problem

Hi All, I have a crontab entry like this... but it's not runing at all...! 30 0 * * * /health_check/FS.sh > /dev/null it should run everyday midnight 1:30 AM is it the problem with that space b/w script and /dev/null ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unusual NFS mount problem on only ONE client: Red Hat WS Rel 3

This is an unusual situation where I have an NFS server currently serving out MULTIPLE clients over several variants of Linux and UNIX successfully (world permissions) except for a SINGLE client. Even the other Linux (SuSE) clients in the same room are mounting successfully with defaults without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelpert1
6 Replies

5. Linux

crontab problem

Hello, I have this in the crontab 30 2 * * * /bin/sh /home/abc but in the log it looks run below Jan 27 08:30:01 localhost crond: (root) CMD (/bin/sh /home/abc how could this happen? I logged in with root user,I use root user's crontab. Kind Regards (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsail
9 Replies

6. AIX

Crontab problem

Hi to all. Guys, i have a truble with oracle user crontab. He work if i'm do 0-59 * * * * echo LOL> ~/test.txt But not work if me set realy norm date For example 14 17 28 12 * echo LOL> ~/test.txt In 17:14 28 December . In log file /var/adm/cron/log nothing.... Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Crontab problem

Hi all, Why my crontab -e from root user is not accessible? It came out some sort of random number, 309. And also for other user, crontab -l came out crontab: can't open your crontab file. I'm grateful for any any help. thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual Problem

what is wrong with the below script: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash echo "Setting JrePath..." grep -w "export JrePath" /etc/profile Export_Status=$? if echo "JrePath declared" elif echo "JrePath not declared" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Crontab Problem

Dear All I have machine with SunOS APP5a 5.9 Generic_122300-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire With crontab like this : 59 23 * * * /home/lng/script/move_and_compress_logs_update.sh But that crontab cannot running at that time. I run my script by manually, the result is fine. What must I check at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unusual problem with cp command

I have made a simple script to zip a file then first copy it to a specific directory using cp command then move it to another directory. Files are getting generated at regular intervals in the dir. /one/two/three/four/. I have entry of my script in cron to run after every 2 min. #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
9 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD