Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated Post 302072560 by khan_069 on Thursday 4th of May 2006 03:55:54 AM
Old 05-04-2006
Error How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated

hi

I have a core file from customer and i am looking for a way to know whether its complete or truncated?
I have a procedure to check core file on solaris , is there any way to know whether core is truncated on HP-UX?

from
khan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

some process writin file - check if complete

Hi folks... some process is writing a file.... as soon as the process starts the file comes there, and its growin.. now i in another script want to ftp the file. i don't know if the file is complete or not. the process which writes the file is some other application and hence can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sade
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to Check Whether Core File complete or truncated

Hi I am looking for a way to confirm whether a core File is complete or Truncated Is there any way from Khan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan_069
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File gets truncated after using sed

May be this is a known issue. When I am using sed to change a string (globally) in multiple files, it is doing its job while truncating the file. So the xml files are losing some of the tags Any work around? Appreciate your help guys...... Here is the code..... #!/bin/sh for files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: corleone
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File gets truncated

Hi Guys, I have a master script file. That calls the other script files. The sub script files append some of the data to the log file. Once the master script completes one sub script execution and returns to execute other sub script that appends to the same log file. the log file gets... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP script - poll every min to check file complete before transfering

Hello, Before I do a GET remote file, I need to ensure the remote file is a complete file i.e. whatever process is saving the file to the remote folder should complete the transfer before I go GET it through my script. So I'm thinking I need to poll the remote file every minute or so to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srineel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Text from input file truncated while converting it to excel

Dear Members, I am using the attached script to convert a input file delimited by '|' to excel. However, while processing the attribute change_reason, the whole content of the text under change_reason is not displayed completely in the cell in excel. It is truncated after only first few words.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find complete file names in UNIX if i know only extention of file

Suppose I have a file which contains other file names with some extention . text file containt gdsds sd8ef g/f/temp_temp.sum yyeta t/unix.sum ghfp hrwer h/y/test.text.dat if then.... I want to get the complete file names, like for above file I should get output as temp_temp.sum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting : Sort a Portion of a File and not the complete file

Need to sort a portion of a file in a Alphabetical Order. Example : The user adam is not sorted and the user should get sorted. I don't want the complete file to get sorted. Currently All_users.txt contains the following lines. ############## # ARS USERS ############## mike, Mike... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
6 Replies
CORE(5) 						      BSD File Formats Manual							   CORE(5)

NAME
core -- memory image file format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> DESCRIPTION
A small number of signals which cause abnormal termination of a process also cause a record of the process's in-core state to be written to disk for later examination by one of the available debuggers. (See sigaction(2).) This memory image is written to a file named by default core.pid, where pid is the process ID of the process, in the /cores directory, provided the terminated process had write permission in the directory, and the directory existed. The maximum size of a core file is limited by setrlimit(2). Files which would be larger than the limit are not created. The core file consists of the Mach-O(5) header as described in the <mach-o/loader.h> file. The remainder of the core file consists of vari- ous sections described in the Mach-O(5) header. NOTE
Core dumps are disabled by default under Darwin/Mac OS X. To re-enable core dumps, a privileged user must do one of the following * Edit /etc/launchd.conf or $HOME/.launchd.conf and add a line specifying the limit limit core unlimited * A privileged user can also enable cores with launchctl limit core unlimited * A privileged user can also enable core files by using ulimit(1) or limit(1) depending upon the shell. SEE ALSO
gdb(1), setrlimit(2), sigaction(2), Mach-O(5), launchd.conf(5), launchd.plist(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
A core file format appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 26, 2008 BSD