Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem with multiple excel attachments using mailx Post 302072550 by ramanam2004 on Thursday 4th of May 2006 01:07:41 AM
Old 05-04-2006
The above code works except for excel files. For ms excel files the mail comes as junk from second file onwards. not sure if this is a problem with uuencode.
thanks,
ram.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : using mailx and attachments

Hi I want to use mailx command to send a message included more than one file. I tried to use uuencode in pipe but it could only generate one file. I would avoid using an archive file :p Thanks to read you. Mathieu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
2 Replies

2. AIX

Aix Unix Mailx Attachments

I'm trying to send a mailx with an attachment, really I have not do it in a long time. I forgot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darioa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem sending excel attachments with MIME::Lite in perl

I am running a perl script that generates an excel doc and then emails it as an attachment. I can generate the excel file fine. I can scp it from the box and open it with no problems. When I send it over email, the file does open properly. The file in email is only 288 B, but on the server it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike_the_Man
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using mailx to save attachments

Hi, I have a requirement to save a mail attachment sent from Windows to a Solaris 9 server. I'm using mailx on the server and have seen a few examples of how to attach a file for sending but none for how to save the attachment when receiving. I can see the encoded text when I look at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jublio
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send multiple attachments using uuencode and mailx

Hi, I am seeing some junk characters when I attach the second file, given below is the logic I used. Please help me resolving the issue. ( uuencode file1.txt file1.txt.lst && uuencode file2.txt file2.txt.lst ) > attachment.txt cat body.txt attachment.txt > combinemail.txt mailx -m... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx problem with multiple cc

I am writing a script to send an email of the result of the process but i cannot make the cc work correctly. RECIP="abc@example.com def@example.com" CC="ghi@example.com jkl@eaxmple.com" mailx -s "testing" -c $CC $RECIP < inputfile.txt Result: To: abc@example.com; def@example.com;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with attaching multiple attachments dynamically.

Guys, I've been trying to attach & email all txt files from my directory using the shell script below: #!/usr/bin/sh ################################################################################ send_ml_rej_notn() { FILE_NAME=${1} ATTACH_FILE_NAME=`basename ${FILE_NAME}` if ; then ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with multiple mail attachments

Hi everyone... I am facing problem with the multiple mail attachments. cd /work/mohan/pi_log/ mail_file='uuencode ahmedabad.csv ahmedabad.csv ; uuencode ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv' ( $mail_file ) | mailx -m -s"test" domain@website.com its giving me error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanm
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Multiple Attachments using MAILX

I have created a shell scripts and wanted to email users multiple attachments using mailx. I noticed that when I do a man on mailx I see and -a option for attachments. When I run a: mailx -s "test attachments" -a include_file -a exclude_file testuser@mydomain.com (Interrupt -- one more to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx sending attachments to personal email, but not SharePoint?

Hello! I am writing a KornShell script that (in addition to other things) sends a file from a Unix directory to a SharePoint directory. However when executing the script there is no sign of the file on the SharePoint. I have tested the script using my personal email as the destination and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
3 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -exEX3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 The -E and -X are similar to -e and -x, respectively, but treat overlapping changes (i.e., changes that would be flagged with ==== in the normal listing) differently. The overlapping lines from both files will be inserted by the edit script, bracketed by "<<<<<<" and ">>>>>>" lines. For example, suppose lines 7-8 are changed in both file1 and file2. Applying the edit script generated by the command "diff3 -E file1 file2 file3" to file1 results in the file: lines 1-6 of file1 <<<<<<< file1 lines 7-8 of file1 ======= lines 7-8 of file3 >>>>>>> file3 rest of file1 The -E option is used by RCS merge(1) to insure that overlapping changes in the merged files are preserved and brought to someone's atten- tion. FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/libexec/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. 7th Edition October 21, 1996 DIFF3(1)