Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mq_open too many files
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mq_open too many files Post 302072211 by Frank2004 on Friday 28th of April 2006 11:58:51 PM
Old 04-29-2006
msgmni para performs in System V, but I use the POSIX function mq_open, I think it has something to do with open file descriptor, but which para and how to increase ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

mq_open Hanging

One of my program which uses posix message queues was hanging in mq_open() system call, and after some time, it threw an error "Interrupted system call". I couldnt even unlink that message queue using mq_unlink(), as I have to use mq_open() prior to mq_unlink(). I use SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-22... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

error mq_open message queue

Hello, J work on a HP. I want to create message queue by using mq_open with this parameters: mq_open(p,O_CREAT|O_WRONLY|O_EXCL|0_NONBLOCK,0600,&queue_attr) with p char and the function returns the value -1 and errno equal 2. can you help me ? Thank. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
3 Replies

3. Programming

mq_open error

Hi, Am creating a msgqueue using mq_open </code> main() { struct mq_attr attr; /* message queue attributes structure */ memset(&_attr,0,sizeof(struct mq_attr)); attr.mq_maxmsg= 10; attr.mq_msgsize= 20; msg.flag = HS_FWK_MSGQ_FLAGS;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve all the linked script files/ctl files/sql files?

Hi I am going to migrate our datawarehouse system from HP Tru 64 Unix to the Red Hat Linux. Inside the box, it is running around 40 cron jobs; inside each cron job, it is calling other shell script files, and the shell script files may again call other shell script files or ctl files(for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franksubramania
1 Replies

5. Programming

creating a message queue using mq_open

Hi all, First of all thanks in advance for reading my post and for your heart for helping me. I am trying to create a message queue using mq_open(name,oflags,mode_t,attr) method. But that function call is returning with an error code EFAULT. By googling it I found that it happens when there is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: parusasi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from indexed files (ISAM files) maintained in an unix server.

Hi, Could someone please assist on a quick way of How to extract data from indexed files (ISAM files) maintained in an UNIX(AIX) server.The file data needs to be extracted in flat text file or CSV or excel format . Usually we have programs in microfocus COBOL to extract data, but would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write a program in c in unix that display the files(includ sub-direc and files within) in a sorted

the sorting is based on name of file, file size modification time stamps o f file it should dislay the output in the following format "." and ".." enteries should be ignored please give some idea how to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu kumar jha
1 Replies

8. Programming

POSIX message queue mq_open directory

hello, I try to test the POSIX mq_open function on book unp like below: #include "unpipc.h" # include <mqueue.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { int c, flags; mqd_t mqd; flags = O_RDWR | O_CREAT; while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "e")) != -1) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anpufeng
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
Pod::Elemental::Selectors(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Pod::Elemental::Selectors(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Elemental::Selectors - predicates for selecting elements VERSION
version 0.102362 OVERVIEW
Pod::Elemental::Selectors provides a number of routines to check for Pod::Elemental paragraphs with given qualities. SELECTORS
Selectors are predicates: they examine paragraphs and return either true or false. All the selectors have (by default) names like: "s_whatever". They expect zero or more parameters to affect the selection. If these parameters are given, but no paragraph, a callback will be returned that will expect a paragraph. If a paragraph is given, the selector will return immediately. For example, the "s_command" selector expects a parameter that can be the name of the command desired. Both of the following uses are valid: # create and use a callback: my $selector = s_command('head1'); my @headers = grep { $selector->($_) } @paragraphs; # just check a paragraph right now: if ( s_command('head1', $paragraph) ) { ... } The selectors can be imported individually or as the "-all" group, and can be renamed with Sub::Exporter features. (Selectors cannot yet be curried by Sub::Exporter.) s_blank my $callback = s_blank; if( s_blank($para) ) { ... } "s_blank" tests whether a paragraph is a Generic::Blank element. s_flat my $callback = s_flat; if( s_flat($para) ) { ... } "s_flat" tests whether a paragraph does Pod::Elemental::Flat -- in other words, is content-only. s_node my $callback = s_node; if( s_node($para) ) { ... } "s_node" tests whether a paragraph does Pod::Elemental::Node -- in other words, whether it may have children. s_command my $callback = s_command; my $callback = s_command( $command_name); my $callback = s_command(@command_names); if( s_command(undef, $para) ) { ... } if( s_command( $command_name, $para) ) { ... } if( s_command(@command_names, $para) ) { ... } "s_command" tests whether a paragraph does Pod::Elemental::Command. If a command name (or a reference to an array of command names) is given, the tested paragraph's command must match one of the given command names. AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-05 Pod::Elemental::Selectors(3pm)