Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX The server is not starting all services Post 302072059 by cgege on Thursday 27th of April 2006 01:46:46 AM
Old 04-27-2006
The /etc/inittab file is ok.
in /etc/rc.log the content is below.
I've tried to run mountall -m but still stack

Old /etc/rc.log moved to /etc/rc.log.old

HP-UX Start-up in progress
Wed Apr 26 08:25:48 SADT 2006

Configure system crash dumps
Output from "/sbin/rc1.d/S080crashconf start":
----------------------------
EXIT CODE: 0

Mount file systems
Output from "/sbin/rc1.d/S100localmount start":
----------------------------
~
~

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting a server

i am currently am planning to start a webserver to host a community of webpages, but i need help getting started? anyone have any sites or advice for me? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowlofrice
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

stopping and starting network services

Solaris v5.6 how do you stop and start the network services? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Westy564
4 Replies

3. Solaris

x server starting problem

i have installed solaris 10 on PIII i Ghz cpu, whole installation carried out in GUI mode but after installation it is unable to start GUI mode. Error is : "X server can not be started on display 0" screed flickers twice and the CLI login prompt appears (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajays
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting & Stop print services in Unix

Hi There Kindly inform me on how to start and stop the print services in Unix from the command line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

nfs/server not starting

Hi Gurus Sorry to ask this question again but left with no option I have entry in /etc/dfs/dfstab for resources which i am welling to shaer over the netwrok. Idelay once i execute shaerall it should enabel the nfs/server servcie in Solaris 10, however it was not stared and later i tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Starting an Apache Server

Sir, I have installed an Apache server in Fedora 9 (packages) and when i go to etc folder and try the command httpd -k start it says command not found....can any one help me out!!! ---------- Post updated at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:46 AM ---------- When i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bssandeshbs
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Starting nfs/server

Hi, I do not get nfs/server started. bash-3.00# svcadm enable nfs/server bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep nfs disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/cbd:default disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/client:default disabled 21:44:51 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default disabled ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Web server cannot starting

hi guys i try to start my web server on solaris 10 with T2000 server, i have been already start but the status always maintenace. when i check logfile i have this messages when i exceute " svcs -l http" i have this output fmri svc:/network/http:apache2 name ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: audi_99
10 Replies

9. SCO

Sco Openserver Starting TCP/IP Services

Hi all, I have a customer whose sco unix server wasnt power off correctly and when booting it up I noticed that the boot up takes a while to finish the " Starting TCP services: snmpd routed lpd". after that the server is ready for login, but you cannot ping anything from the server (apart from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CharlL
2 Replies

10. Linux

Application services not starting with server reboot

Hi All, My application uses three different sub-services to make complete application up and running to normal. The entry of all the three services are present in /etc/init.d directory with proper softlink created to application home path where it actually exists. In one rare case one of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
3 Replies
halt(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  halt(1M)

NAME
halt, poweroff - stop the processor SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/halt [-dlnqy] /usr/sbin/poweroff [-dlnqy] DESCRIPTION
The halt and poweroff utilities write any pending information to the disks and then stop the processor. The poweroff utility has the machine remove power, if possible. The halt and poweroff utilities normally log the system shutdown to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), and place a shutdown record in the login accounting file /var/adm/wtmpx. These actions are inhibited if the -n or -q options are present. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Force a system crash dump before rebooting. See dumpadm(1M) for information on configuring system crash dumps. -l Suppress sending a message to the system log daemon, syslogd(1M), about who executed halt. -n Prevent the sync(1M) before stopping. -q Quick halt. No graceful shutdown is attempted. -y Halt the system, even from a dialup terminal. FILES
/var/adm/wtmpx History of user access and administration information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dumpadm(1M), init(1M), reboot(1M), shutdown(1M), sync(1M), syslogd(1M), inittab(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The halt and poweroff utilities do not cleanly shutdown smf(5) services. Execute the scripts in /etc/rcnum.d or execute shutdown actions in inittab(4). To ensure a complete shutdown of system services, use shutdown(1M) or init(1M) to reboot a Solaris system. SunOS 5.10 2 Nov 2004 halt(1M)