Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: if and sed statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if and sed statement Post 302071940 by gummiworm on Tuesday 25th of April 2006 11:06:11 PM
Old 04-26-2006
spin off question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1234
Thanks alot it worked Smilie

www.google.com/about.html
www.google.com/ads/
www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
froogle.google.com/frghp?hl=en&tab=wf&ie=UTF-8
groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&ie=UTF-8
www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&ie=UTF-8
www.google.com/intl/en/options/
www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&ie=UTF-8
news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&ie=UTF-8
www.google.com/preferences?hl=en
scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=en&tab=ws&ie=UTF-8
www.google.com/services/
Say you wanted to wget each line of chris's output, and store the data just as he has, how would you go about doing this? Say for instance: wget www.google.com/about.html (throw in a few sed and greps to get the same output). then to the next line of Chris1234 output and so on. I guess my question is more focused on writing a recursive function. If Chris1234 did this, that would make is program more self sustaining, but thats if thats what he's looking for? So can anyone help?

Last edited by gummiworm; 04-26-2006 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: Left out details

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables within a sed statement

I am just wondering if it's possible to refer to variables within a sed statement as follows:- cat $file | sed -e 1's/$oldtext/$newtext/' > $file as when I run the script, the variables are not recognised and nothing happens..?? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirtrancealot
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove statement

I am having some problems with sed, that I am hoping that I can get some assistance with. I am trying to remove two subsets of a string, and cannot figure out how to have it work. Here is an example string: auth_ldap authenticate: user joe authentication failed; URI /svn/ I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guyverix
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Case statement/sed command

The file dbnames.txt has 5 columns, what i'm trying to do is that when the fifth column equals A, store in the variable "access" the word, "admin access". If it equals B, then "business access" etc. I think their is a problem with my sed command, because it is not substibstituting the words... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ross_one
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / grep / for statement performance - please help

I'm searching the most effective way of doing the following task, so if someone can either provide a working solution with sed or one totally different but more effective then what I've got so far then please go ahead! The debugme directory has 3 subdirectorys and each of them has one .txt file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A complex sed statement

I have following requirement. Say, my text file contains following patterns {2010501005|XXGpvertex|9|0|17|0|{|{30100001|XXparameter_set|@@@@{{30001002|XXparameter|!prototype_path|$AB_COMPONENTS/Sort/Sort.mpc|3|2|Pf$|@{0|}} }}@0|@315000|78500|335000|99000|114000|87000|17|And the Sort|Ab... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition and for loop within sed statement

Hi, I tried to go through a lot of online material but could not find concrete solution. My issues is like this : I've got a input file like this : <a> <startDate>19700101000000</startDate> <endDate>20300101000000</endDate> </a> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed if statement to see if file exists

Is there an easy way of checking for the existence of a file that ends with the extension .order and if it exists do something? if not do nothing (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else statement in sed

Hello Guys, I am new here and this is my first post, hope someone can help me I am writing a script that is supposed to go in 9 different directories and edit a given file in each of the directories. I am using sed to edit the file as sed -i 'line# s/#to be changed/#to be replaced with/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madiouma Ndiaye
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed within awk statement

input | Jan 8 2018 11:28PM| 24 | 75 | 51 | 1 | 1.600| | Jan 8 2018 12:01PM| 52 | 823 | 21 | 6 | 2.675| desired output Jan-8-2018-11:28PM 24 75 51 1 1.600 Jan-8-2018-12:01PM 52 823 21 6 2.675 Dear friends, I have input file , as shown above and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
10 Replies
HTML2MARKDOWN(1)						   User Commands						  HTML2MARKDOWN(1)

NAME
html2markdown - converts a page of HTML into markdown. SYNOPSIS
html2markdown [options...] [(filename|url) [encoding]] DESCRIPTION
html2markdown downloads the specified HTML page, and converts it to text marked up with markdown. The source HTML page may be a local file or remote URL. If not specified, it will be read from standard input. The output is printed to standard output. If an encoding is specified, it will override any encoding information provided by the HTTP Server. When not specified, python-feedparser (if available) will be used to determine the source encoding. If not available, or when reading local files, the encoding is assumed to be UTF-8. OPTIONS
--ignore-emphasis Don't include any formatting for emphasis. --ignore-links Don't include any formatting for links. --ignore-images Don't include any formatting for images. -g, --google-doc Convert an html-exported Google Document. -d, --dash-unordered-list Use a dash rather than a star for unordered list items. -b BODY_WIDTH, --body-width=BODY_WIDTH Number of characters per output line, 0 for no wrap. -i LIST_INDENT, --google-list-indent=LIST_INDENT Number of pixels Google indents nested lists. -s, --hide-strikethrough Hide strike-through text. Only relevant when -g is specified as well. --version Show program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. AUTHOR
This manpage was written for Debian, by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org>. html2markdown 3.200.1 January 2012 HTML2MARKDOWN(1)