Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Work on Linux Using Bootable CD ?? Post 302071812 by newbie07 on Tuesday 25th of April 2006 12:48:47 AM
Old 04-25-2006
Thanks Man ..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISDN on Linux..will it work?

Hi everyone! I going to change from a 56k modem to a ISDN connection and was wondering if this will work under Linux and what i would need to get it up and running ? (on Mandrake 8.0).. thanx in advance.. grtz phaelanx :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaelanx
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

3. Linux

A working bootable Linux XP Desktop 4.0.31 ISO image?

Hi everyone, I want to run on VMWare the Linux XP 2010 Desktop 4.0.31 distro, Iīve downloaded the latest realese from its website (Trustverse Desktop 4.0 RC1 -build 31)-->http://www.linux-xp.com/desktop/download/. Itīs 4.47 GB in size, but when I mount on an ISO software, the size is 2.75GB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
0 Replies

4. Linux

Linux make bootable archive

Can anybody suggest me software to backup Linux server and to make them boot able (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

[?] Does Netflix work on Linux in Firefox?

I've tried to totally ignore Netfix to date, though I might change my mind. But I refuse to keep a Windows box running for any reason. Is anyone streaming movies from Netflix and watching them on a Linux box? I went to netflix.com to look for the requirements page. None. OK, how about a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to create a bootable ISO from running Linux box?

Hi All, I have one query on creating bootable ISO. I have installed Centos 5.6 and done few configuration changes which is needed for deploying my App. Later I have deployed my app. Now Centos is up and running in a dedicated box along with my app. Now I want to create the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL Linux 6.2 to 7.3 - Bootable iso

Hi All On one of my sandbox machine, I want to replace RHEL 6.2 to RHEL 7.3. I am using both developer editions. rhel-server-7.3-x86_64-dvd.iso ... This is what I have downloaded from Red Hat Enterprise Linux Download | Red Hat Developers My understanding is this file would work as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD