Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Struggling with a text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Struggling with a text file Post 302071790 by vgersh99 on Monday 24th of April 2006 02:33:39 PM
Old 04-24-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pau
yep... I just realized... any hint?
Code:
echo ' Authors: [21]M. Novello, [22]E. Huguet, [23]J. Queva' | sed 's/\[[0-9][0-9]*\]//g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

struggling with addusr ...

I'm completely new to UNIX, and having got the hang of directory navigation / creation (Just about), I think it is time to create an FTP account, so that I can upload a web site remotely. Herein lies the problem... 1: I cannot find a breakdown of addusr commands, so I cannot create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dufty
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Struggling with mkfifo

Gurus, I did my research (on google, this site and my local library) but I am *still* lost. I am trying to teach myself about `named pipes` playing around with MKFIFO (Why not?). (1) It seems MKNOD is reserved to ROOT whereas MKFIFO is accessible to all users. Am I correct? If the answer is... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help- Unix File Compare- Struggling

I had posted this earlier about 3 weeks ago and had recieved a response and I did sort both the files and the comm command is still not working. Can someone please assist me, I would really appreciate it. Below is what I am trying to do I need to compare File A with File B and create FILE C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

struggling within awk

!#/bin/bash cat input.sh | awk ' { cur1=tolower($1) cur2=tolower($2) rsh $cur1 report | grep $cur2 # i just want to make the code line to work } ' the error which i get is .... ./madh1.sh: line 1: !#/bin/bash: No such file or directory awk: cmd. line:13: rsh $cur1 report |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Struggling with arrays and delimited file

Hi, I am trying to use arrays in my script but can not seem to get it to work. I have a file called sections, this contains headers from a tripwire log file, separated by "@" but could be "," if easier The headers will be used to cut sections from the log file into another to be mailed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Struggling with AWK

I know this is an easy problem, but I've been struggling with it all morning and finally admit I need help. I have two files that I need to compare. After doing this the easy way (grep -F) I realize that there are other fields in file2 that match field1 in file1, so I turned to awk. I want to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moldoverb
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Struggling to combine two Greps statements

Greetings! I have been tasked to create a report off files we receive from our hardware suppliers. I need to grep these files for two fields 'Test_Version' and 'Model-Manufacturer' ; for each field, I need to capture their corresponding values. When running each statement separately, I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a text file with irregular spacing into a space delimited text file?

I have a text file with irregular spacing between values which makes it really difficult to manipulate. Is there an easy way to convert it into a space delimited text file so that all the spaces, double spaces, triple spaces, tabs between numbers are converted into spaces. The file looks like this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file: struggling against sed command

Hello fellows, Sure you can help this poor guy that is struggling against sed command, being unable to tame it I have a lot of files like this: From this one, I need to obtain values highlighted in bold/red To do so, I am executing this piece of code inside a loop: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)